SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-07-2006, 09:13 AM
pnyklr

see other post
Old 01-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

yeah jj its a sweet car. Emerald green, leather, limited slip, 4.6L, very nice car. Im positive its got more longevity than the SVX but hell, life is short, enjoy the drive and id rather drive 230hp and awd with superb handling, than 205hp and rwd with handling characteristics of a truck... but probably still handles better than a GN
Old 01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
yeah jj its a sweet car. Emerald green, leather, limited slip, 4.6L, very nice car. Im positive its got more longevity than the SVX but hell, life is short, enjoy the drive and id rather drive 230hp and awd with superb handling, than 205hp and rwd with handling characteristics of a truck... but probably still handles better than a GN

Actually it is a pretty nice car (has been repainted some time in its life though)

If I could get it to run right I would be straight but I have two super reliable other cars so its sitting now

Hmm I dunno about the handling the GN has a completely redone suspension but the Tbird is a hell of a lot more comfortable to drive
Old 01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

I had it just long enough to get it fixed. not even long enough to go to the DMV and then ran into you with the SVX but yeah... on the handful of drives it was a great cruiser. I hate the governor tho... but i do love the torque. Im sure u can understand that having owned a 3.8 Tbird.

GNs arent meant for cruising. Theyre meant for the strip. The MN12s were made to be plush and driveable. GNs and Tbirds were built for totally different markets.

I have asked PM'd few friends over at TCCoA about the car and they dont think a EEC would go bad so quickly. Im sure u can find all my posts on there about the EEC and replacement. I have off tomorrow and so if you like I'll call down to Richmond and see which store it is. Im far from Richmond right now so obviously I cant just drive down. I have had far too much on my plate with family problems and 70hr work weeks to even go put gas in the SVX, let alone pick up the phone.

I know the store is on Rte 1 in Richmond. and I was positive Rte 1 is Jeff Davis Hwy.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:43 PM
pnyklr

Ya that would work great as far as the store looks like JD highway is route one though it looks like the chamberlayne and brook road ones are near route 1 too

I gave them your cell # and name and the guy found nothing let me know maybe its under your house #?- Thanks

I drove the car tonight I get no check engine light either thats the other strange thing

I drive the 3.8 every day snow and all since the GN just wasnt cutting it in 6 inches of snow in PA

I'm going to have my mechanic look at the 4.6 next week

My girlfriends cousin said maybe its a bad ground wire to the injector

It did take him 4 days to do control arms on the 3.8 though so we'll see

It was fun hitting 15-20 lbs of boost in the snow though -

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-07-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

yeah could be the house number possibly

Ill sort it out. I just have alot on my plate. My mom isnt in good health and Im working way too much in addition to that to really deal with much else.

I'll PM you my house number and my dads name in case its under that as well.

More than likely its a bad injector.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 AM
pnyklr

I'm going to head over to the local (40 minutes away) Advance and see what they say (have a gift card)

Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: