SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Talking just met capuano

well, i finally got to get together with another svxer. me and capuano met up for lunch and drove each others cars. his red 94 is beautiful! has the 97 grille and some really sweet lookin wheels on it. also had the stage 1v4 chip and shift kit in it. drove really well and had good throttle response with the chip. it drove very well and was very quiet compared to mine. the only thing he needs to change is he has the cone filter under the hood which is probally costing him a little power. anyway, me and cappy are hoping we can get some other svxers around the ne ohio area to come meet up together sometime. anyone interested let me or capuano know and we can all hook up sometime. and we now have further proof the 92's are faster than the 94's as i don't even have the chip and i'm still a little faster than cappy.(cappy put on a good show though). anyway, hopefully cappy will be posting his opinions on my car on here too. let me know what you thought cappy
Old 08-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Formally Capuano

Talking

OK, Budfreak's car is awesome. Funny story, when I was first looking for an SVX a little over a year ago, the first one I test drove is the one that he now owns. But you should see it. It's really shined up, and SO CLEAN. Most of all, though, IT'S FAST! almost scary fast. It sure walked away from me on the freeway, but I put up a good fight. The incredible part of it all it that he's done all this without making any MAJOR mods to the car. What an amazing vehicle. Anyhow, we swapped stories, I met his wife, and we all had a nice lunch at the Waffle House in Akron. LOT'S of fun. Afterwards, we decided this was way too cool to keep to ourselves, so maybe we'll do this every few months, and advertise our lunches here in the forum for others who want to join us. Who knows, maybe I can talk Mrs. Cappy into joining us next time with her Tealy SVX. Then there would be at least THREE cool cars in the parking lot instead of just two.
Cappy

'94 LSi Barcelona Red 158,000 miles
'92 LS-L Dark Teal 47,000 miles
'95 Olds Acheiva 104,000 miles
'85 Audi 4000 135,000 miles
'87 Supra 129,000 miles - 2nd JDM engine
Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Wink

aaaawwww shucks thanks cappy. like we said though, if anyones interested in meeting up sometime just say something and we can all start making plans for an svx invasion!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Now it seems that I really missed the perfect timing to be there in Ohio afterall my waiting to meet another svxer while stayin in ohio.

-Pavan
Old 08-25-2005, 05:04 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Maybe you guys can tell me where I can get my svx serviced there in Akron. Is there a good subaru dealership? Ellacot Shaker is overpriced, Ganley East in Wickliffe is worse, and Subaru of Brunswick is the biggest joke of them all so far and I haven't had a chance for service there yet!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
Maybe you guys can tell me where I can get my svx serviced there in Akron. Is there a good subaru dealership? Ellacot Shaker is overpriced, Ganley East in Wickliffe is worse, and Subaru of Brunswick is the biggest joke of them all so far and I haven't had a chance for service there yet!

you can try either k.o. subaru on canton road here in akron or cascade subaru in cuyahoga falls. i heard k.o. is the best but never had work done by them. i went to cascade for a lot of work and it was all done right and good they just didn't do everything i asked. hope that helps.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:39 AM
Formally Capuano

Question

I get mine done in Carrollton at Huebner Subaru, since I actually live southeast of Canton. There's an older mechanic (Tom) who works on anything older than a '98 Suby, including the three or four SVX's in the county. Problem is, he's going to retire in December. So I figure I'll wait to see who they hire to take his place. If it's an experienced tech, I'll keep taking it there. Otherwise I figure I'll try Waikem in Canton. They're supposed to be OK, but not cheap. And just in case, I've got the factory service manuals to bail me out. But I'm a bit "automechanically declined" if you know what I mean.
Cappy

'94 LSi Barcelona Red 158,000 miles
'92 LS-L Dark Teal 47,000 miles
'95 Olds Acheiva 104,000 miles
'85 Audi 4000 135,000 miles
'87 Supra 129,000 miles - 2nd JDM engine
Old 08-25-2005, 05:43 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Talking

yep cappy is right too. huebners is good but that's a long haul from cleveland. depends on how much you love your car i guess
Old 08-25-2005, 06:21 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I'm only like an hour and some change from there.. pm me next time you two lovebirds get together and we can have a threesome
Old 08-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
I'm only like an hour and some change from there.. pm me next time you two lovebirds get together and we can have a threesome

will do. three is always better than two.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:04 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
yep cappy is right too. huebners is good but that's a long haul from cleveland. depends on how much you love your car i guess

Yeah, makes me really think if I want to buy another subaru and deal with the b.s. the dealerships have been giving me.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:34 AM

Cascade screwed some things up when they worked on mine that took a few days to sort out. everything worked out in the end but still given that they are a "Stellar" dealer, service was less then Stellar

Brunswick is supposed to do good work, according to a couple people here who have had the cars worked on by them, can't say how the prices are for sure though, but when I had called around for some estimates they were in the same range as k.o. and cascade.

Best bet is to find an independent mechanic who knows what he is doing and avoid the dealers altogether if you can.

Anyway, next time there is an Akron/NE Ohio meet post about it and if my work schedule permits it I'll show!

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 08-25-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Thumbs up

awesome! good to see some people are on board with the idea. hopefully we can all get together soon before the ohio weather goes to crap.