Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM

Replacing trans... other parts to replace too?

Hello,
The transmission failed in my '92 SVX and I purchased a rebuilt one with 10K miles on it. Can you guys recommend other repairs/upgrades I should do while everything is apart? For example, should I get an aftermarket transmission mount? Replace any bushings, that kind of thing? Also, are there any upgrades I can do to help this one last for a long time? (besides the obvious: external cooler)

I'm basically want to take advantage of any recommended repairs/upgrades while everything is apart. Thanks in advance for your advice...

Matt.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Have you read about installing a transmission cooler ? If not do a search and you'll find quite a few posts.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to freak customs Send a message via AIM to freak customs
maybe a new or rebuilt torque converter. definately make sure all the lines are properly flushed and consider an extra filter. personally, i like to change the mounts, etc. while i have them out anyway.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer63
Hello,
The transmission failed in my '92 SVX and I purchased a rebuilt one with 10K miles on it. Can you guys recommend other repairs/upgrades I should do while everything is apart? For example, should I get an aftermarket transmission mount? Replace any bushings, that kind of thing? Also, are there any upgrades I can do to help this one last for a long time? (besides the obvious: external cooler)

I'm basically want to take advantage of any recommended repairs/upgrades while everything is apart. Thanks in advance for your advice...

Matt.
The good upgrade to consider is to go with a synthetic ATF and also install an external tranny filter. Yeah its a good idea to change the bushing mounts if the older ones are too worn out. Its always better to change the internal filter tooo.

Good luck on the new tranny.

-Pavan.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Registered SVX
source/warranty

Quote:
Hello,

Matt.
What is the history of the rebuilt tranny? Does it have a warranty?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
For example, should I get an aftermarket transmission mount?
None were made specifically for the SVX and I'm not sure if anyone made one for the Legacy/Imprezas either.

If there is enough demand I will see about getting a group buy together for tranny mounts for our cars.