Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-15-2005, 05:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gravija
about how much does dent removal and spraying in some paint cost?

With all these other SVX guys getting repaint jobs for their parts, i was wondering how much it would cost on average to respray like 1/4 of the front bumper and like two small sections on the side?

how much does dent removal cost too? cause there's a minor dent in from another accident

im trying to get my SVX all fixed up during the summer when im away

just wondering, but how much would a total new paintjob cost for a shiny black/ebony?

thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Well my dent was estimated at 500$ and I'd expect to pay a couple thousand when I repaint mine, dunno about your car.

My dent is gonna stay for a while though. Every time I get ready to get it fixed, something major breaks (tranny, radiator, tranny again...). Perhaps the car wants to keep its dimple.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:37 AM

Registered SVX
We have a few guys up here ( Dent Doctor-- Dent Magician ) they remove the dent from the inside of the door. I had a dent the size of a Quarter about 1/16 deep in the door of the SVX and he took it out. If the paint is not chipped it comes out great I had 30 small dents ( 3 noticable and 25 or so parking lot dings removed from MY Turbo. If you think thats a lot you would be suprised how many they can find. any way back to the answer He charged me $40 for the first dent on each panel and then like $5.00 for the minor ones. Came to about $250.00. He does it with a bright light and a set of tools that look like huge dentist picks or funny golf clubs. Check with the Car dealer in your area.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:46 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
I just got an estimate to paint the front and rear bumbers with minor repairs. I was quoted $500.00 Make shure you get a primer paint and a clear coat with the paint job if you want a durable finish.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:43 AM

Registered SVX
Just went and captured some jpg's ( digital pic's ) off of a video I took in 1995 of my turbo before and after dent removal. Not real good , reflections were hard to capture. You can see the dent in the doors. reflecton of SVX was an caught by mistake looks cool tho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01159.JPG (121.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01157.JPG (133.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01160.JPG (168.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01162.JPG (140.2 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01156.JPG (121.9 KB, 122 views)
Old 05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr
I just got an estimate to paint the front and rear bumbers with minor repairs. I was quoted $500.00 Make shure you get a primer paint and a clear coat with the paint job if you want a durable finish.
I cannot stress this enough. Bumpers will flex and there is an additive they put in paint to allow it to do the same. This additive was not included when I had my bumpers repainted and now the paint has bubbled and is chipping off.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:06 PM

Registered SVX
We have been putting that in since the 60's the 1968 GTO with the full rubber bumper was the first paint job I did with the aditive . It was expesive then , I imagine it is out of this world now. They charged my wife $470 to paint the rear of her Acura see my locker.