Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Lightbulb Old Car OverHaulin'!

Hey everyone, I was just looking for help making a comprehensive list of things that could be replaced or repaired...etc, for a complete overhaul (more or less gradual) of my '92. I'm right at 150k, and the 120k service was never done (yes yes....a sin I know...but I'm only a student). I'd like to replace all the vacuum lines and anything that should be tightened or anything at all. I'm looking to make this a tight ship again! Also, where I can buy these things...for instance links to part #'s etc, would be helpful. Thanks again for helping me get my baby alive and running as good as new!
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Now with Colder Air!

Man it is hard to crank a response out of you guys sometimes Im hoving over my computer to reply...and nothing to reply to!
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).

Old 05-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Mine is a '92 also that I'm going through. Last week I purchased the entire seal/gasket set from subaraparts.com. For around $240 it's not a bad deal. Of course, it's the while I'm in there part that gets dangerous: new timing belt, water pump, thermostat. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:27 PM

If you do various searches on 'maintainence' and what not you're guaranteed to come up with all sorts of goodies. As far as parts # go, check out www.subaruparts.com and search for whatever you're looking for there. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
Man it is hard to crank a response out of you guys sometimes Im hoving over my computer to reply...and nothing to reply to!
It is hard to tell you what your car needs without knowing what is wrong or has been done to it. A couple of things come to mind:
Engine Seals
Motor Mounts
Tranny Mount
All Fluids
Spark Plugs
PCV
Any failed sensors
Clean Injectors
Trans Filter
Fuel Filter
Belts
Radiator Flush and Fill
Various Bushings
struts
brakes
Water pump
Timing belt
oil pump

.....These are just a few things that come to mind with what *might* need to be done to a 150k mile car. Not all of these may be necessary and there is probably much more than I have listed.

It all depends what you want to do. If you truly want the car to be 'like new' then there is quite a bit of work to be done.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 05-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXer95
It is hard to tell you what your car needs without knowing what is wrong or has been done to it. A couple of things come to mind:
Engine Seals
Motor Mounts
Tranny Mount
All Fluids
Spark Plugs
PCV
Any failed sensors
Clean Injectors
Trans Filter
Fuel Filter
Belts
Radiator Flush and Fill
Various Bushings
struts
brakes
Water pump
Timing belt
oil pump

.....These are just a few things that come to mind with what *might* need to be done to a 150k mile car. Not all of these may be necessary and there is probably much more than I have listed.

It all depends what you want to do. If you truly want the car to be 'like new' then there is quite a bit of work to be done.

There we go....thats the beautiful list I was looking for How hard/labor intensive is it to replace the mounts on the tranny and engine?

Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I don't know about the engine mounts but the tranny mount is easy to change.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I'd add the following:

1. Every vacuum line and PCV line
2. Both Knock sensors
3. The one way valve and lines feeding into the IRIS reservoir under the intake

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker