Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 07:54 PM
MisanthropyV

Climate Control has mind of it's own

This topic has been raised before, but for the life of me I am unable to find any threads on the issue.

I have a problem with my climate control unit. The unit appears to be running correctly, and returns no error codes, however, the unit changes the set temperature all by itself.
For example, it the internal temperature was set to 23 degrees celcius, unless I was holding the down arrow on the temperature adjustment the set temp would start increasing all the way to maximum, as if I were pushing the up arrow on the temperature control.

Has anyone else come accross this problem? Surely you have. Anyone know of a way to fix the problem, as I'm getting fed up with the piece of paper jammed in the temperature setting lever/button.

P.S. I've also come to notice that the problem comes and goes depending on humidity and outside temperature.

HELP HELP HELP!!!

Stressed SVXer
Old 04-10-2005, 09:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanthropyV
This topic has been raised before, but for the life of me I am unable to find any threads on the issue.

I have a problem with my climate control unit. The unit appears to be running correctly, and returns no error codes, however, the unit changes the set temperature all by itself.
For example, it the internal temperature was set to 23 degrees celcius, unless I was holding the down arrow on the temperature adjustment the set temp would start increasing all the way to maximum, as if I were pushing the up arrow on the temperature control.

Has anyone else come accross this problem? Surely you have. Anyone know of a way to fix the problem, as I'm getting fed up with the piece of paper jammed in the temperature setting lever/button.

P.S. I've also come to notice that the problem comes and goes depending on humidity and outside temperature.

HELP HELP HELP!!!

Stressed SVXer
This is a very common problem on the non-US digital display climate control units. The problem also gets worse and becomes more frequent.

It has been discussed many times on the Japanese SVX owners site. Some have had success with replacing the micro-switches for the up/down on the temperature control button. There was also a guy on the Japanese auction site who claimed he knew how to fix it and was charging Y10,000 to share the info.

Subaru's response in Japan has been that the circuit board is faulty and can only be fixed by replacing the whole front control unit. Of course, they refuse to accept any liability for the problem. Current cost is around Y90,000.

When mine became faulty, I complained loudly to the local Subaru dealer in Japan and finally got a new unit for Y60,000.

Sorry I can't give you any better news.

1993 Subaru Alcyone SVX
1980 Isuzu 117 Coupe Giugiaro Edition
1999 Mazda Astina
2006 Honda Legend
2006 Toyota Mark X Premium
2007 Toyota bB
2007 Mazda Roadster RS
2012 Peugeot 208 Allure
Old 04-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
US Units?

If it is only the climate control unit, the US units should work. They sell for fairly cheap prices on Ebay, but of course, they are in Fahrenheit degrees.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE