Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-27-2002, 12:34 PM

Question

i got pictures i want to post and i can't figure out how? a little help please. and a little reminder, i know almost nothing about computers!!

thanks guys
Kelli
Old 02-27-2002, 12:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i got pictures i want to post and i can't figure out how? a little help please. and a little reminder, i know almost nothing about computers!!

thanks guys
Kelli
At the top of this page is a link for 'personal lockers.' Click on that and find your handle (user name) on the page you are taken to. That is your personal locker. Click on your name to open it. There will be a link that says 'click here to add files.' Simply click on that and, when prompted, point it to the first file you want to add. You will be given the option to add a caption.

That should be it. Repeat for as many pictures you want to add.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-27-2002, 12:42 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Question

Quote:

thanks guys
Kelli
First, have you set up your personal locker? If not, go to the top of the page and click the purple button that says "user cp" (stands for "User Control Panel.") Then, go to the top of that page, and click "Personal Locker" -- if you haven't set one up, it will allow you to.

Once you're set up, go to your personal locker and look for the words "here" in the lines "click here to add new files in this folder." It'll actually take you to a dialogue that will give you the option of adding a new folder, or adding files to the existing one.

The rest is self explanitory. Just make sure you check the little button that will allow you to "add" files, once you've set them in the window for upload.

If you get as far as paragraph two, above, and become confused, post again, and me or someone else will help you from there.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-27-2002, 12:51 PM

Re: Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

If you get as far as paragraph two, above, and become confused, post again, and me or someone else will help you from there.
now i can't ge my scaner to work... it is directly part of my printer. it's scanning, but i don't know where the stuff is going..i guess, i'll have to post my pics another day

Kelli
Old 02-27-2002, 01:13 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

First, have you set up your personal locker? If not, go to the top of the page and click the purple button that says "user cp" (stands for "User Control Panel.") Then, go to the top of that page, and click "Personal Locker" -- if you haven't set one up, it will allow you to.

Once you're set up, go to your personal locker and look for the words "here" in the lines "click here to add new files in this folder." It'll actually take you to a dialogue that will give you the option of adding a new folder, or adding files to the existing one.

The rest is self explanitory. Just make sure you check the little button that will allow you to "add" files, once you've set them in the window for upload.

Mix our two posts together and you have complete instructions. I saw that she had a folder in the folder page, so I figured she had one set up...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 02-27-2002, 01:39 PM

i found the pics, put them in, but does it take ten or more minutes for them to get where i want them?

Kelli
Old 02-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
i found the pics, put them in, but does it take ten or more minutes for them to get where i want them?

Kelli
It shouldnt, Kelli. Make sure you give them enough time to "upload" to the locker. Sometimes, if you have a slow connection, this may take a while.

-Mike
Old 02-27-2002, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

It shouldnt, Kelli. Make sure you give them enough time to "upload" to the locker. Sometimes, if you have a slow connection, this may take a while.

-Mike
Thanks Mike, my connection isn't that slow though. i'm just hoping i did it right.
Kelli
Old 02-27-2002, 02:17 PM

it should be in there now, but my computer says page can't be displayed..can anyone else see it??
Kelli
Old 02-27-2002, 02:22 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
it should be in there now, but my computer says page can't be displayed..can anyone else see it??
Kelli
I get the same result. Are you sure you're allowing it to transfer the entire file? I noticed you are trying to upload a .bmp image file, and those can be really, really big. When you scan the photo, I would recommend telling the software to save the image as a .jpg. JPEGs are compressed, so they take up MUCH less space, allowing them to be transferred much faster.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE