How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-15-2003, 08:31 PM
alacrity024

Magnum!!

Just got the new issue of Car & Driver, and on the cover is the baddest-ass station wagon ever. Dodge Magnum. What a kickass piece of automotive engineering. i can't wait to see one on the street. i can really see how a lot of people are going to see this car and just think "geeze.. that's one ugly-ass station wagon" but I dunno.. it sort of speaks to me. I like it a lot. Plus it's 430 hp RWD..

-adam
Old 01-15-2003, 09:52 PM
$VX

DUDE, I read that tonight too! looks AWESOME! I'd get one!

I love it when you can see a car's hood in front of you, it makes me want to hit people.

- Ca$h
Old 01-16-2003, 06:29 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Magnum!!

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
Just got the new issue of Car & Driver, and on the cover is the baddest-ass station wagon ever. Dodge Magnum. What a kickass piece of automotive engineering. i can't wait to see one on the street. i can really see how a lot of people are going to see this car and just think "geeze.. that's one ugly-ass station wagon" but I dunno.. it sort of speaks to me. I like it a lot. Plus it's 430 hp RWD..

-adam
Not sure if its the baddest sw ever. Lotus put out a Re-badged/engineered Ford SW in Europe about 10 years ago. Did 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and topped out close to 160. Not bad for a SW esp. in the early 90s. Lets just wait and see if Dodge ruins it with cheap parts and that wonderful Product of Mexico build quality. The design is quite solid though but it really should be offered with AWD as well. That'll work on getting people away from SUDeathtraps.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX

Quote:
What a kickass piece of automotive engineering.
-adam
Well, the jury's still out on whether or not the car is actually built or designed well. It's styled well, I'll give them that. But I agree with Bob - let's just see what the actual product turns out like.

My guess is that nobody will care. It's novel, so who cares if it frequently starts on fire or causes 'loss of driver control.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-16-2003, 09:13 AM
$VX

This thread does not pertain to the SVX. All of you should be ashamed. Please lock this thread. Lord knows we cannot have ANYTHING off topic here, the sky will fall!

- Ca$h
Old 01-16-2003, 12:08 PM
alacrity024

No WAY Ca$h!! iMacs are nowhere NEAr as cool as Neons!! And I'm sriously nt makeyng thies up! everything on the planet is YOUR fault! either that or it's completely off-topic! no way!! unbelieveable! you guys gotta see this link: http://www.pointlessmovie.com/takesu...fdiskspace.mpg look at the hooters on this neon!! amazing! domestic cars are far superior to foreign ones! except for the ones made in other countries!! hey!! how come I can't submit to this thread?! omg this is SOOOOO 1984!! wait wait!! let's all start making sexist remarks about our cars!! no!! yes!! i can't decide!! i'm dealing with split personalities!! that's not funny!! my uncle died of split personalities! well, one of them did anyway..

adam

(btw- for those of you with your Sense-O-Humor Translators turned off, the point here is: "I Don't Care")

Last edited by alacrity024; 01-16-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:14 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
No WAY Ca$h!! iMacs are nowhere NEAr as cool as Neons!! And I'm sriously nt makeyng thies up! everything on the planet is YOUR fault! either that or it's completely off-topic! no way!! unbelieveable! you guys gotta see this link: http://www.pointlessmovie.com/takesu...fdiskspace.mpg look at the hooters on this neon!! amazing! domestic cars are far superior to foreign ones! except for the ones made in other countries!! hey!! how come I can't submit to this thread?! omg this is SOOOOO 1984!! wait wait!! let's all start making sexist remarks about our cars!! no!! yes!! i can't decide!! i'm dealing with split personalities!! that's not funny!! my uncle died of split personalities! well, one of them did anyway..

adam

(btw- for those of you with your Sense-O-Humor Translators turned off, the point here is: "I Don't Care")

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 01-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:

-adam
And the best part is . . . it's a freakin' HEMI!!!!!!

BTW, I don't think Dodge calls it a station wagon. Too declassé.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 01-16-2003, 04:04 PM
$VX

Quote:
Actually, I take offense to this.

Now I ask you questions:

1. did I force you to download Ogre dance?
2. When did I ever mention hooters? Or anything girl related?
3. Have I ever said domestic cars are superior to foreign cars?
4. When have I made a sexist remark about anyone?

- Ca$h
Old 01-16-2003, 11:18 PM
greg

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

Actually, I take offense to this.

Now I ask you questions:

1. did I force you to download Ogre dance?
2. When did I ever mention hooters? Or anything girl related?
3. Have I ever said domestic cars are superior to foreign cars?
4. When have I made a sexist remark about anyone?

- Ca$h
Why do you always suppose people are talking about you? Do you have a guilty conscience?

And have you ever thought that maybe if there is someone talking about you there might be a good reason?

-G
Old 01-17-2003, 01:52 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

not more of this......

well, your never alone with a schizophrenic (SP?)

Did I mention the neon sign?

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:06 PM
alacrity024

okay, two things:

1) ca$h, I was backing your ass up. I think it's ridiculious how people get carried away on this board.

2) is this guy boring you? come talk to me, I'm from outer space..

-adam
Old 01-17-2003, 02:14 PM
calmone

i think i just lost my sense of humor.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:27 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

Talking so long, and Thanks for all the fish

What somebody need here is the Total Perspective Vortex.

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:33 PM
alacrity024

lmao "Total Perspective Vortex" I'm gonna equip my SVX with an improbability drive

-a