How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM

Registered SVX
Might be putting it on the block

Wife has an idea of buying a 2005 Mazda Miata, retractable Hardtop that just got repossessed at the local credit union. Not having enough room for 3 cars and 3 motorcycles, and other toys, I may have to put my SVX up on the Auction block. Still trying to fig out a way to keep it , but prospect are not good. My only hope is someone buy the Miata soon. I have no idea what I would ask for it at this point. Trying not to think about it.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Might be putting it on the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Wife has an idea of buying a 2005 Mazda Miata, retractable Hardtop that just got repossessed at the local credit union. Not having enough room for 3 cars and 3 motorcycles, and other toys, I may have to put my SVX up on the Auction block. Still trying to fig out a way to keep it , but prospect are not good. My only hope is someone buy the Miata soon. I have no idea what I would ask for it at this point. Trying not to think about it.
Ouch. Sorry on all accounts.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Conn, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in that one if you decide to sell it.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 03-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Registered SVX

John, I suggest you get rid of one or two of those bikes if you need room for another car. I know how much you love the svx, so this is not like you. Who would this toy be for you or your wife. She has her Honda, and you have the svx. Why do you need three bikes anyway. Keep the svx buddy.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 PM

Registered SVX

Dont do it Mr. Conn D:
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:10 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

You'll regret it for the rest of your life. There's always a way just make it happen.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 AM

Registered SVX

Removing the motorcycles will not make enough room in the garage. 24x18 garage. It is a cool car. 6 speed retractable Hard top. I could live with it. I would have to get some decent $$$$$$ for the SVX to make it worth my wihile. I have 3 sets of rims and tires 2 on mags one on stock rims 16" 17" 18" new Blizzak snows on the 17" and new Proxie on the 18" the stock have worn Connie Contacts . The SVX runs great no issues. I hate to part with for sure.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
It is a cool car. 6 speed retractable Hard top. I could live with it.
How many times did you need to say it before you convinced yourself of it?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM

Registered SVX

I have to say it will not get the attention the SVX does. Maybe some with the top down. With it up it is just another small sports car. I checked the price unless I can get them to drop down to what is owed on the car, I would need to get a lot for the SVX. What do you fig I could get for it? Anyone have an idea? It has a ton of upgrades. Not much more can be up graded . It is a 2004 WRX 5 speed with stage 2 clutch. Runs like a new car no rust ,no dents ,no rips,no issues.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Hard to say on price. We never get out of these cars what we spend on them in money, time and enthusiasm. Some people want a project to challenge them; while others want a turn-key, problemless car, with everything already done, that they can immediately enjoy, and are willing to pay for that privilege.

But most owners of cars in the latter category have no interest in parting with them.

Sunvalleyray in Salt Lake City just sold his 1995 SVX to a older gentlemen from Minnesota who had previously owned one and wants another. *First caller and for asking price of $8950.00.

Never drove it and bought it sight unseen, after only seeing photos. Will be shipped to MN.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-25-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 PM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX

Quote:
If she wants it, make her sell her car. It's no fair that you have to give up your favorite car that's way better than any Miata ever.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 AM

Registered SVX

Her car is an Automatic 2011 Honda Accord Coupe. I would get killed in depreciation. And she don't want to drive a Stadard full time. Still not on the block yet.... I do not think I would get enough for the SVX to justify it.