Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-19-2002, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Now, dangit, don't YOU start.
ohhh tay...i will go to my room now...i was just saying my opinion...that is all, i wasn't trying to argue

badbad Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

ohhh tay...i will go to my room now...i was just saying my opinion...that is all, i wasn't trying to argue

badbad Kelli

I understand, but, "Waste of machinery?" That's a little harsh, don't you think? I mean, some people think windshield banners and mounting purple neon under your car is lame, but . . .
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-19-2002, 09:57 AM

Quote:

I understand, but, "Waste of machinery?" That's a little harsh, don't you think? I mean, some people think windshield banners and mounting purple neon under your car is lame, but . . .

well if you think that is lame, i wouldn't advise falling asleep at reading....we (shall remain nameless) have come up with the ultimate plan to comand the YELLOWATION of your car...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:10 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
we (shall remain nameless)
I am not one of them. yet!
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Looks like I'm going to have to jack the sensitivity of my security system up a bit.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-19-2002, 10:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
..and this is how we treat our NEW members???

Let's go easy on him boys and girls. The SVX World Network is best taken a day a time. I hope jwherm comes back.

My last car was a Buick Century wagon 4 banger automatic with air. Talk about a dog! But HEY! it got me to work each and everyday so I could save enough to by my SVX. It also was great at hauling wood on the roof rack.

We all have to start somewhere and I gotta tell ya, even I grew attached to that car. I'm not ashamed. You spend years day in and day out with the thing and you can't help but get attached.

Attacking someone's car serves no purpose really. A car is still better than what most of us had before that. The bike or walking...

JWHERM CONGRATULATIONS on your NEW car. You'll love it terribly. Of that I'm sure.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:

Apparently there is. It ain't about who wins, it's about personal preference. You like your Neon -- GREAT! He likes his Mustang -- GREAT! Pockets likes his Justy -- HA!, I mean, GREAT! If you don't like people doggin' what you like, don't dog people for what they like. A lot of people say "YUK!" when I tell them I like Peanut Butter on Green Peppers. I like it. It's all that matters.
Your talking sweet and not hot right? Bananas and PB yes but PEPPERS? How about pickles?
Old 09-19-2002, 11:27 AM
$VX

I agree with you about becoming attached to cars, but some cars are just ... eh... take for example a V6 automatic mustang. WHY!?!!? I mean, yeah, it looks fast, and maybe you could pick up chicks at a high school, but DAMN do you pay for it, without even getting to enjoy it. You have high insurance, higher gas bills, mediocre handling, and they're so slllooowww. If you have a buick century wagon, cool, then you loved its character and usability...but when you have a car that was DESIGNED as somewhat of a performance car with just a pathetic engine in it, the character of the car is ruined. It's like a tough guy who cries over papercuts. You're presenting an image (performance) that just... is.... HORRIBLE at backing it up. I'm not joking.. I've beaten older mustang GTs in a NEON. YES. NEON. The cheapest car Chrysler makes... is FASTER than the supposed ponycar. That's just sad man, its just sad! I'm not trying to argue; just pointing out why I could never love a 'poser' car.

- Ca$h
Old 09-19-2002, 12:18 PM

Registered SVX
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-19-2002, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
I agree with you about becoming attached to cars, but some cars are just ... eh... take for example a V6 automatic mustang. WHY!?!!? - Ca$h
Dude,

Chill. I used to own a 87 prelude. It was nice when it came out but I got it in 97. It was 10 year old then and I loved that car. It was small and took me to places. I also had a V6 5 speed camaro. I loved that car too. Needless to say I love my SVXes more than the camaro but I still loved my camaro. Compare to my friend's 98 SS, my 95 base model camaro was a piece of crap but I had fun in it.

I did not recall me bashing on your neon. I don't intend to. But this guy is new on the board. Do behave and do not start with a negative experience for him. We want more members here.

To answer the question "WHY?" Because we paid for then. Cause we like(love) them.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 09-19-2002, 12:45 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter

Your talking sweet and not hot right? Bananas and PB yes but PEPPERS? How about pickles?
Don't do bananas, don't do MAYO don't do pickles. But, I'm not gonna dog anybody who does. Yes, Green Sweet Peppers (I saw this in a Dagwood comic strip -- I'm sure it was a "joke" describing the crazy things that Dagwood would eat, but, I tried and liked it -- all a matter of taste).
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-19-2002, 02:16 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
I agree with you about becoming attached to cars, but some cars are just ... eh... take for example a V6 automatic mustang. WHY!?!!? I mean, yeah, it looks fast, and maybe you could pick up chicks at a high school, but DAMN do you pay for it, without even getting to enjoy it. You have high insurance, higher gas bills, mediocre handling, and they're so slllooowww. If you have a buick century wagon, cool, then you loved its character and usability...but when you have a car that was DESIGNED as somewhat of a performance car with just a pathetic engine in it, the character of the car is ruined. It's like a tough guy who cries over papercuts. You're presenting an image (performance) that just... is.... HORRIBLE at backing it up. I'm not joking.. I've beaten older mustang GTs in a NEON. YES. NEON. The cheapest car Chrysler makes... is FASTER than the supposed ponycar. That's just sad man, its just sad! I'm not trying to argue; just pointing out why I could never love a 'poser' car.

- Ca$h
First of all, I really do agree with you that V6 Mustangs aren't that great... I mean, my friend had a 5spd 99 Mustang, and somehow I still took it out with an slushbox 90 Acura Legend and a good launch, and I know he was trying too. Anyways, have you considered the fact that some people don't buy their cars just for performance, and sometimes consider looks? I mean, I hate auto V6 new gen mustangs, but I really can't say anything about it, especially if it's a girl driving it. Just as a stereotype, not that many girls care about the performance of their car. Not just that, but it's like a DSM guy giving an SVX owner crap for having such a slow car. I mean, if you look at just 1320 times, the SVX is just as bad a "poser" car as the V6 Mustang.. Sure, it looks nice, and it can cruise really nice, and it's got nice luxury features, etc.... but in the end, it's a heavy, underpowered car that came stock with a slushbox. The looks alone suggest a MUCH faster car, something lighter with more power. Everybody that sees my car assume it's twin turbo, or at least turbo, and they're disappointed when I tell them it's a 230 hp automatic that costs a small fortune to fix. And even though it's not that quick, the majority of SVX owners still love the car for what it is now.

Did I mention I'm paying nearly $400 a month in insurance alone just to keep this car?
Old 09-19-2002, 02:29 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Here's an interesting fact...

a mere 35,000 mustangs are sold per year in the us...of those about 25,000 are V6's. It is the V6 model that has kept the mustang alive. Considering it's a car that has remained largely unchanged since 1979 (except the obvious sheetmetal), it's lucky to still be around. Especially considering GM's F-body, a much newer desing all around, is now dead. When i sold Fords, we had two '01 GTs on the lot and one '02. They sat. We had '02 V6s coming in almost daily, and they were all sold within two weeks. So it may be slow, uncomfortable, and outdated, but there's something about that car people like.

You'll have to excuse Ford Girl, it's my fault that i haven't been doing my job at keeping her at bay. As Chevy Boy, it's my duty, you know.

I would love to see Ca$h's Neon...this thing must be a marvel, considering the list of car's it's beaten.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
I would love to see Ca$h's Neon...this thing must be a marvel, considering the list of car's it's beaten.
I have to get on cash's defense here. I know I never thought I'd say it. Neons can be fast if tuned right and if modified the right way. I seriously doubt that that very neon can beat my friend's 98 SS with 400+hp at the wheel though.

I am sad that the F-bodies are dying. I love that look. Like I said many times before, I can manke almost anything fly. Just bring me the greenbacks and can send you to the moon. Pending NASA's approval.

Lwin
Old 09-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Question Wait a Darn Minute...

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

- Ca$h

Is a FWD SVX a poser car, inconsideration that most of them came AWD????

-SVXJoe