Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-12-2012, 09:58 AM

turbo question/ random question

I have finally purchased all the stuff to start on my turbo build, I will start a new thread in the turbo section, but for now I have two questions.

Number one: I plan on running 8psi for now on stock internals. I have the stage 2 ecutune in route with the MAF and already have the sr20det injectors installed, so I am not worried much about leaning out or anything like that, but I am however worried about Cylinder pressures since it is stock pistons with high compression. Any ideas on whether 8 psi will be to high? I also have a few gauges coming to monitor the turbo as well as the air fuel ratio just to be sure.

Number Two: how do you add pictures directly to the thread, instead of just a link to the photo, I will be taking pictures, lots of them when I start the build and will use the photos in my build thread, It will be titled REMOTE MOUNT TURBO.
I have tried to add photos before but it didn't work, maybe my resolution was to high or something? Thanks guys
Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 AM

Registered SVX
Re: turbo question/ random question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru Alliance View Post
I have finally purchased all the stuff to start on my turbo build, I will start a new thread in the turbo section, but for now I have two questions.

Number one: I plan on running 8psi for now on stock internals. I have the stage 2 ecutune in route with the MAF and already have the sr20det injectors installed, so I am not worried much about leaning out or anything like that, but I am however worried about Cylinder pressures since it is stock pistons with high compression. Any ideas on whether 8 psi will be to high? I also have a few gauges coming to monitor the turbo as well as the air fuel ratio just to be sure.

Number Two: how do you add pictures directly to the thread, instead of just a link to the photo, I will be taking pictures, lots of them when I start the build and will use the photos in my build thread, It will be titled REMOTE MOUNT TURBO.
I have tried to add photos before but it didn't work, maybe my resolution was to high or something? Thanks guys
at the top of the posting box where the tools are you will see a yellow and black icon looks like a mountain in the distance.
You will click that a pop up box will open it will say please enter the url of your image. paste the link in and click ok. I will basically wrap [img] tag around

What that looks like is [IMG] link location [/IMG]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:10 AM

Nice I appreciate it. I think I have tried that before and it didn't work, but I may have jacked something up. Maybe it's because the pics are saved to my CPU? I am using MAC? maybe resolution?
No luck, must have to be smarter than the photo. I will just post links.

Last edited by Subaru Alliance; 02-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Your best bet is to use a picture hosting website like photobucket or picasa. From there you can copy and paste img links.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 PM

+1 to michael. THX will do that now