Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-15-2011, 09:30 PM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX
Look what I got made :)

Hey everyone, hope your summers are going well.

I am down at Virginia Beach on vacation and I saw a shop that advertised custom made stickers. I saw some of their samples on a sign and they looked good. I was thinking if I could anything good for the SVX and then I remembered the picture solarsvx posted of the pearly with the Giugiaro logo on the side. I thought one of those in gold would look cool on my car. I attached his image so you know hat I'm talking about. I showed the guy the image and he started to recreate it. Not sure what he did entirely but next thing you know he was printing it out. In the picture you can't see the gold clearly because it is covered until i place it on the car. I had him save the design and you can have it done in most colors. Let me know if anyone is interested and i will give you his info.

P.S. solarsvx sorry if i stole your style, but that thing just looked so good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giugiaroexample.jpg (308.9 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg giugiarogood.jpg (897.9 KB, 249 views)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Look what I got made :)

Here were the two official logos that were current at the time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Italdesign__Guigiaro(1).jpg (24.8 KB, 577 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 07-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:36 PM

Looks good but the text font is a little different than the original.

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

While the type font is not the same, you can make a small change that would help.

The EASIEST solution is to do is just cut the vinyl of the G (shown by the white lines) with an x-acto knife so it is more in line with the original logo. Compare the photos below.

A BETTER solution (If the .eps file I sent you doesn't work) is to have your saved file redone so that the logo AND type are condensed to about 85% of original. This will not be noticeable in the graphic, but will be apparent in the condensed lettering as in the second photo. Only a real keen eye would detect the difference.

The BEST and CORRECT solution is to get the eps file to work. It can be opened in Illustrator and saved as a pdf if need be. Then just have it redone.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg giugiaro_orig.jpg (63.8 KB, 546 views)
File Type: jpg Logo_NEW.jpg (68.8 KB, 542 views)

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Old 07-16-2011, 01:39 PM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

That is very cool and a nice photoshop! I'm not going to touch it though. To be honest, i don't care about the font. I just like the Graphic Unfortunately, I left VA beach this morning so I did not have time to bring the file to him. I appreciate you sending it to me though, it is a cool thing to have.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Registered SVX

Here is what it looks like on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sticker.jpg (351.4 KB, 506 views)
File Type: jpg drivers side.jpg (269.1 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by Happy; 07-17-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:55 AM

Looks nice !

92 Mercedes Benz 300CE, Arctic White 187,000 kms
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Why is the actual logo (not the lettering) backwards on the passenger side?

If you would have used the same one as on your driver's side, it would be correct. It should look like this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sticker.jpg (167.0 KB, 482 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 07-17-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

That's the second one I have seen this way. Michelle's was the first.

Solarsvx did it correctly.

Last edited by svxcess; 07-17-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:05 AM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post

If you would have used the same one as on your driver's side, it would be correct. It should look like this:

I actually made the decision to have them both pointing the same direction towards the rear. I have an extra set just in case but i did not need them. If someone wanted to have them made he could flip them. The file is saved and I have his contact info. They were only $22 for the pair.

I got a suggestion at reading to add more gold to the car to tie it together and this is what it needed.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post

Correct... the logo is actually a stylized "ID" for ItalDesign. So on your car one side is a backwards reverse image "DI" and the other side is "ID"!!

For me, if I am going to go through the effort, I would want to do it right.

Last edited by dbarnblatt; 07-17-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:25 AM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

I'm going to have a giant Alcyone hood emblem in gold like a fire-bird in smokey and the bandit hood. I'm going to do it backwards so i can look at it while driving
Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX

hey that was my idea !! LOL

glad the picture got you inspired,

best of luck =>

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173 View Post
Hey everyone, hope your summers are going well.

I am down at Virginia Beach on vacation and I saw a shop that advertised custom made stickers. I saw some of their samples on a sign and they looked good. I was thinking if I could anything good for the SVX and then I remembered the picture solarsvx posted of the pearly with the Giugiaro logo on the side. I thought one of those in gold would look cool on my car. I attached his image so you know hat I'm talking about. I showed the guy the image and he started to recreate it. Not sure what he did entirely but next thing you know he was printing it out. In the picture you can't see the gold clearly because it is covered until i place it on the car. I had him save the design and you can have it done in most colors. Let me know if anyone is interested and i will give you his info.

P.S. solarsvx sorry if i stole your style, but that thing just looked so good!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx View Post
hey that was my idea !! LOL

glad the picture got you inspired,

best of luck =>

Thanks Man. It was a great idea
Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173 View Post
I'm going to have a giant Alcyone hood emblem in gold like a fire-bird in smokey and the bandit hood. I'm going to do it backwards so i can look at it while driving
Like this?

Silverspear's car.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..