How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-05-2002, 05:53 PM
alacrity024

The Fast & The #*%&

Well I was watching television the other day and all of a sudden up pops a commercial featuring scantily clad women, broad-shouldered men with disgustingly straight teeth, and gratutious shots of all kinds of exotic cars screaming around town. "Oh great," I thought as the Voice started saying things like "Think you know fast?? THINK AGAIN," and "EXTREME power knows no limits," "They're doing another testosterone-laced film which is sure to drive the price of glow-in-the-dark pedal covers up another $15..

Well all of a sudden the commercial cuts to a shot of a very clean Ford GT40 racer screaming down a track..

"Wait a minute.. this is a little out of place.."

15 seconds later, a screen comes up announcing that this is a commercial for not a movie but a WEEKLY SHOW on Fox... interesting.. anyone else catch this? I'll watch it just to see the Ford whup the bejeezus out of everything else..

-Adam
Old 09-05-2002, 06:17 PM
I_Alcyone_I

I also have seen that commercial, too many times. In one they actually flip and wreck the GT40. I think anyone who purposley wrecks a car as rare as that should be taken out back and shot in the head.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
I also have seen that commercial, too many times. In one they actually flip and wreck the GT40. I think anyone who purposley wrecks a car as rare as that should be taken out back and shot in the head.
i'm pretty sure any accident scenes are probably filmed with a fiberglass "kit car".

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Boone

This is probably the series.. Fast Lane. (gag)

http://www.fox.com/fastlane/specs.htm
Old 09-05-2002, 07:34 PM
Got Dirt?

The GT40 is being made again shortly. Keep your eyes open, even if they are only making 100 cars the first year.

Kit car GT40's are easy to come by. That is what they would normally use in a crash scene.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:14 PM
alacrity024

I saw an article about the new gt40 in an issue of.. I dunno R&T sometmie last year.. can we say Viper Slayer??

It looks freakin' MASSIVE.. I can't wait to see one in person..

-a
Old 09-05-2002, 08:24 PM

Back in the late 60s I lived in France and used to watch the 24 hr of LeMans on live tv. The Europeans do such a much better job of sports coverage. Anyway, the GT40 and Porsches had quite a rivalry and really made an impression on my youth days.
98 Outback 180k
98 Dodge Durango 120k Ski Bus
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Re: The Fast & The #*%&

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
Well I was watching television the other day and all of a sudden up pops a commercial featuring scantily clad women, broad-shouldered men with disgustingly straight teeth, and gratutious shots of all kinds of exotic cars screaming around town. "Oh great," I thought as the Voice started saying things like "Think you know fast?? THINK AGAIN," and "EXTREME power knows no limits," "They're doing another testosterone-laced film which is sure to drive the price of glow-in-the-dark pedal covers up another $15..

Well all of a sudden the commercial cuts to a shot of a very clean Ford GT40 racer screaming down a track..

"Wait a minute.. this is a little out of place.."

15 seconds later, a screen comes up announcing that this is a commercial for not a movie but a WEEKLY SHOW on Fox... interesting.. anyone else catch this? I'll watch it just to see the Ford whup the bejeezus out of everything else..

-Adam
Good thread man! I liked reading it. Very Funny. I respect the Ford GT40 but one day I'll own a ferrari! (They have them too in the show)
-SVXJoe
Old 09-06-2002, 10:02 AM

i went to a car show last year in new york. they had many of the new upcoming cars. i laid eyes on the first new GT40. this car does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, well at least the show car did. it was a concept car in the motion of turning into a real car. this car is expected to be avaliable to buy in 2005. at least that is what the girl laying on the car said. she also told us that the horse power is going to be cut in half because as of that moment, you would need a poliots liscence to drive the car. it is an amazing car, with a price tag of 84 grand wish i could own one. Ford is one in a million. there are two GT 40's on tour right now. i saw the yellow with the black racing stripes and there is a white one with blue stripes. i have pics of the white if someone wants me to post them

Kelli (thinking of how she could convice her mom to sell her house)
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i went to a car show last year in new york. they had many of the new upcoming cars. i laid eyes on the first new GT40. this car does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, well at least the show car did. it was a concept car in the motion of turning into a real car. this car is expected to be avaliable to buy in 2005. at least that is what the girl laying on the car said. she also told us that the horse power is going to be cut in half because as of that moment, you would need a poliots liscence to drive the car. it is an amazing car, with a price tag of 84 grand wish i could own one. Ford is one in a million. there are two GT 40's on tour right now. i saw the yellow with the black racing stripes and there is a white one with blue stripes. i have pics of the white if someone wants me to post them

Kelli (thinking of how she could convice her mom to sell her house)
I saw the GT40 show car last January. Beautiful. 'Nuf said.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE