Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Canadian Forums

Old 04-02-2007, 01:19 PM

92 in Toronto for sale

Went to check out a 92 near Keele & Steeles for kicks. Anyway you have to wonder why a dealer does not let you test drive it without an offer for the car first? Gee, I wonder if the tranny's gone. Buyer beware.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Sounds suspicious alright

Make a conditional offer - conditional upon you being satisfied with the driving condition and handling of the car.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
SVX owner wannabe

I've been keeping an eye on autotrader.com. What color was it? I'll be in the market for an SVX in about 2 months time (when my car should be paid off) please let me know if anything interesting becomes available in your area.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Black. What's your budget?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:44 AM
SVX owner wannabe

It depends... If the mileage is quite low and the car is in pristine condition and needs nothing, I would be willing to pay up to $8000 CDN. An SVX with a good body but with a lot of mileage, wouldn't be worth any more than $3000 to me.

There's a black one selling at "Jasmin Used Cars" with 205000 kms for $2900. Is that the one you are warning us about? I had considered that one, which at first glance seems like an appropriate price (from what I can tell from the pics) and assuming that it's in good running condition didn't seem like a bad deal at all. The problem is that I would have to get my brother who lives in St. Catharines to get the car checked out by a mechanic for me. With shipping and taxes on top of that, that car would end up costing me about $4200. All of the sudden that $2900 doesn't seem like such a good deal.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 97 SVX Send a message via MSN to 97 SVX Send a message via Yahoo to 97 SVX
the black one

if it has a cracked rear bumper...it's been sitting around for over a 1 1/2 yrs..
I looked at one in that area that far back.
It didn't drive badly as I recall.

Ian
Old 04-11-2007, 07:03 PM
SVX owner wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SVX
if it has a cracked rear bumper...it's been sitting around for over a 1 1/2 yrs..
I looked at one in that area that far back.
It didn't drive badly as I recall.

Ian
This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...4&adid=5954594

I'm not sure it's the same one as the rear bumper on this SVX doesn't appear to be cracked. ...Then again the pics could be better.

I was hoping the older woman driving the only SVX here in Fredericton (it's a pearlie) would decide to sell hers to me. That car looks brand spankin' new!!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasdude
This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...4&adid=5954594

I'm not sure it's the same one as the rear bumper on this SVX doesn't appear to be cracked. ...Then again the pics could be better.

I was hoping the older woman driving the only SVX here in Fredericton (it's a pearlie) would decide to sell hers to me. That car looks brand spankin' new!!
Hrmmm...Not too bad looking. And a nice price. Is there anyone in Toronto who wants to take a look at it and post what you see? KM's? Nemesis? Starship? Anyone?

Fasdude, you may have competition

I just love black cars.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Last edited by Crazy_pilot; 04-11-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 AM
SVX owner wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Hrmmm...Not too bad looking. And a nice price. Is there anyone in Toronto who wants to take a look at it and post what you see? KM's? Nemesis? Starship? Anyone?

Fasdude, you may have competition

I just love black cars.
From a financial standpoint, it just makes more sense to wait and buy it in the fall when I will actually be using it. I already have a great summer car and I can't afford insurance on 2 cars anyway. It doesn't hurt to do some research and keep an eye out for the car that I connect with in the mean time though. So if anyone falls in love with this car, don't let me stop you (as if I could ).

Because I need an AWD 2 door automatic (I'm physically disabled) for a winter vehicle, I am also looking at the Eagle Talon TSI and the Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. Hell, the later doesn't even really appeal to me, but seems to be reliable and makes sense. That said, my heart is still set on the SVX.

Last edited by fasdude; 04-12-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
maybe i'll take a look at this one..i was going to a few weeks ago. curious myself on what's going on with this car - price and all.
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
maybe i'll take a look at this one..i was going to a few weeks ago. curious myself on what's going on with this car - price and all.
Ditto. 2,900 is a LOW asking price for an SVX in Canada, even a 200,000 KM one. The pictures look decent, although I think I spot some rust at the left rear wheel well, so it makes me wonder if there are mechanical issues.

I call dibs if it's in one piece!

2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos

Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Never mind, I e-mailed the guy, he says it's been sold.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
did he say what was wrong with it? it's usually the first question i ask about any car i'm checking out.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
And I quote:

"Hi,

is been sold"

That's exactly what he wrote. Every word.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
just to let you guys know., the red one in the autotrader is crapola. i didn't even have to drive it. the guy there said, i drove it on the weekend- this was a few months ago. and i looked at him and told him that there was a flat tire on the passenger side.
car sounded like crap when it started. and it's scratched here and there. interior needs work and parts. the car was painted on the roof as you would notice some of the paint in the overhead, where the opening for the sunroof is. and it needs engine work.