Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-08-2001, 08:35 PM
tober76b

Re: Logo design

thanks for the insight svxcess.....
since you're confined to the exact proportional ratio of the subaru oval....i'd have to say that you did a fine job of balancing. if that weren't the case, i'd flatten out the oval a bit to eliminate a small amount of that white space. (small amount meaning two thicknesses of the outline on the top, half a thickness on the bottom. while this is a very subtle amount, it would help to minimize the floating or detachment of the svx world network lettering.) the final product would remain bottom heavy overall and spacious feeling on top due to the thin lines of the outline. granted, i don't have 30yrs experience in the graphics arts world, but i do have a personal preference.
toby
Old 05-08-2001, 10:25 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Wink I like it . . .

. . . just the way it is.

Great job! Can't wait to start stickin' em all over my car, and my toolbox, and my computer, and my fish tank, and all the little fishes, and, and, and . . .

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 05-09-2001, 02:16 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Go go logo...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
It has been a blast sitting back and reading all the discussions about the new club and the new logo....kinda like watching a chick hatch! Glad I kept my mouth shut, 'cause it looks like the products are turning out just fine. However...

<I'm witcha!>

...I'm not sure about warlocks having leadership positions in our club. What's next...spells on those late with their dues?.....SVX's turning to pumpkins at midnight?...trannys treated by eye of newt and toe of frog? Something to think about.

If anyone wants me, I'll be in the chat broom...I mean ROOM. Anyone coven with me?

Don
Good to have you aboard Don, even as an observer. Wonder how many more are sitting back and following the gestation?? Maybe Bill could devise a poll to see how many would join at $15 and how many at $25.

I know, I know, we did this already, but I am wondering if a soft launch to build membership would be a better start. There may be many out there saying, yeah, nice idea, but we get all this already without paying money. We need to ask directly, "Would you join at $15?, Would you join at $25?". To me, the number you get is the important statistic.

Also, some of the deliberations, although necessary, are somewhat premature. You need a steering committee, you need a transparent way of handling funds, you do not need a club president or a club lawyer, at least at these early stages.

Debate could go on forever if nobody bites the bullet and sets it up. The makings of a good club are already there, do it.

Joe

"Remember kid, Rome wasn't burned in a night" American Graffiti
Old 05-09-2001, 06:56 AM
Headed to Texas...

Exclamation Head 'em up! Move 'em out!

<<Debate could go on forever if nobody bites the bullet and sets it up. The makings of a good club are already there, do it. >>

I'm witcha on that - and if I knew what the next step should be, I'd be screaming that we take it NOW.

Sooo, I'll just take a wild guess and say it's time to set up the steering committee - through nominations, volunteers, whatever - and start taking some first steps. An actual bank account ready to accept membership dues? Somebody to say "enough with the logo, let's move on to the next thing"?

Come on, let's GO

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
CLUB DECAL: Specifics

It seems that there is solid agreement on the new club decal. Now I have to get some specific input from anyone with ideas.

My original order was for 500 decals. With larger orders the price of each one goes down, but the total price of the order increases. Since orders are paid in full prior to shipping, what would be the best way to handle the costs of those on hand not yet "sold"? How many should we order?

I noted the concern about trimming away excess material on the static cling. I am sot sure if the company can do it but will inquire. Because it is an irregular shape it may be difficult. Cost may also be a factor.

Is static cling still the preferred choice? Unfortunately, there is no way to split an order to get some static cling, some inside decals and some outside decals. They have to be separate orders for each type (minimum order:250)

I'll be back in touch after checking. for those of you who are interested, the company is Pine Decals. http://pinedecals.com

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 05-09-2001, 10:19 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<Is static cling still the preferred choice? >>

It is mine. Don't know about anyone else.

As for numbers, if 250 is minimum, I'm guessing there are price breaks at each 250 additional. I'm sure the addition of the red will add expense, since the original was black/silver. It will now be a 3-color job. Die-cut would probably be prohibitive, since the SVX logo breaks the oval -- they would have to create the die (as opposed to the possibility of having a stock oval in their dies). Perhaps if you give a cost breakout with a "per piece" cost at the different quantity levels, we can garner enough orders to make a run. I realize, also, that this will not be a simple "re-print" since the type has changed.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 05-09-2001 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-09-2001, 06:27 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Re: I like it . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
. . . just the way it is.

Great job! Can't wait to start stickin' em all over my car, and my toolbox, and my computer, and my fish tank, and all the little fishes, and, and, and . . .

Steve
Wow!!! Worse case of sticker shock I've ever heard of....

Don
Old 05-09-2001, 06:34 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Re: Re: Go go logo...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by svxistentialist
[B]

Good to have you aboard Don, even as an observer. Wonder how many more are sitting back and following the gestation?? Maybe Bill could devise a poll to see how many would join at $15 and how many at $25. {UNQUOTE}

There are some areas, such as club organizing, where I know my place.

"'Tis better to remain silent, and be thought of as a fool....

.....than to speak up, and remove all doubt!"

Don
Old 05-10-2001, 01:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Great site and logo design!!

BTW, who is "the brochure touting youngster"?

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Last edited by Aredubjay; 05-10-2001 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2001, 08:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
Great site and logo design!!

BTW, who is "the brochure touting youngster"?

Jamsvx
James, there was a young fellow (still too young to drive) that appeared some time ago on the Yahoo site. He was spouting all types of information about the SVX that he had read in brochures. Unfortunately, much of it was wrong, and, when "called" on it, he insisted on telling actual owners, who'd lived, eaten and slept SVXes for years, that THEY were misled. He is legendary. Eventually, he couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-10-2001, 05:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Talking

Damn....and there goes what I thought was an untapped vein for my website!!!

Good riddance to the proverbial!!!

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-10-2001, 05:21 PM

Registered SVX
James, what are you needing, brochure-wise? Between many of us, we can probably scan what you need. I have the Pre-debut and the Showroom brochures, and a couple of other pieces. John Hoffman has a treasure trove of printed materials, as well as "nubsjr." Just let us know.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-10-2001, 11:05 PM
tober76b

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

....stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen.
can't say i remember the last time i heard a 'Howard the Duck' line reference. congrats....i'm gonna have to go rent it....then probably regret doing so.
heh.
toby
Old 05-11-2001, 09:27 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

James, there was a young fellow (still too young to drive) that appeared some time ago on the Yahoo site. He was spouting all types of information about the SVX that he had read in brochures. Unfortunately, much of it was wrong, and, when "called" on it, he insisted on telling actual owners, who'd lived, eaten and slept SVXes for years, that THEY were misled. He is legendary. Eventually, he couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen.
Hey, Aredub, you're forgetting the 983 hp SVX 19 year old with three SVX's. (Remember while you guys were having a meet one weekend how they ganged up on me?) I used the search function here, just to try it out, and guess what, he said he'd have pictures 6 months ago. Message 41088 on yahoo.

You *know* I had to do a little more stirring...right? I cut and pasted his post and then very politely asked if he could upload those pictures for us (yahoo site). Talk about calling a bluff!

BTW-I love that search function, you can bet I'll be using it again!
Old 05-11-2001, 09:39 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Hey, Aredub, you're forgetting the 983 hp SVX 19 year old with three SVX's. (Remember while you guys were having a meet one weekend how they ganged up on me?) I used the search function here, just to try it out, and guess what, he said he'd have pictures 6 months ago. Message 41088 on yahoo.

You *know* I had to do a little more stirring...right? I cut and pasted his post and then very politely asked if he could upload those pictures for us (yahoo site). Talk about calling a bluff!

BTW-I love that search function, you can bet I'll be using it again!
Yeah, eddy. I'm sorry I wasn't here to come to your aid during that nearly fatal attack. What really "sealed" the "bluff calling" was when he came to the board and asked how to do a very simple fix (can't remember what it was). I mean, it was something any pit crew capable of replacing an SVX engine with a Porsche retrofit SHOULD know how to fix --- I thought I was gonna die!!
Subaru Ambassador