How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-02-2006, 09:37 PM
The Molinator

Great TIRES...

If you're looking for new tires....OR having trouble with your current tire choice..you should seriously consider the Bridgestone manufactured AVON tires that America's Tire Company just suggested when my Yokohama ES100's wore out prematurely in the rear (a problem with my drop spring/Koni strut insert mod)! They were so good (I HAD NO IDEA HOW MUCH NOISE THE YOKIES WERE PUTTING OUT!)...I went back...ordered 2 more for the front (SELLING BACK TO AMERICA'S TIRE CO. 3 MO OLD ES 100's)! My car has never been quieter!...AND seems to handle good! Also, the steering is smoother...less shaking (the ES100's evidently weren't able to balance..after two balancings..???) also. I run 245 45 16's. I'll get the model # if needed or desired...

Jim

P.S. They list at $98....They charged me $65 each both times on a special deal..(?) [The ES100's cost $122 each!]
P.P.S. The ES100's were so "rough" that I thought the engine was running at high speeds...80 to 120 mph! Now...SMOOTH!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 10-02-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
Useful info; Sometimes wheels can't be balanced correctly if you use a flatfix in your tire. Glad those tires work out for you, I'm also tired of hearing tire noise from my Yokohamas. I'll check out those tires, thanks.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Tire Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr
Useful info; Sometimes wheels can't be balanced correctly if you use a flatfix in your tire. Glad those tires work out for you, I'm also tired of hearing tire noise from my Yokohamas. I'll check out those tires, thanks.
I've been running Kelley 225 / 50's, and my Mechanic says what he hears is the tires.
They are wearing down from time, so detail the item, and I'll give them a try when it comes around.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:30 AM
The Molinator

Details....

Avon Tech M500 245 45 ZR 16 94W I love 'em....Today I went 105 mph for a short stretch on the way to work. They were smooth and quiet! I believe their list is $98....but as I said..they (America's Tire) gave them to me for $65 each! I like them more...each time I drive on them!

Check 'em out, Bro's! Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
James,
Please post back up after you've got a couple of thousand miles on the tires. The reviews on TireRack indicate that they don't last past 10k miles
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
The Molinator

AVON tires

OOOOPS!
I will let you know! ...YIKES...??? I DO LIKE THEM THO!
Jim
P.S. My mechanic (Porsche) has them on his Audi...and likes them. He did say they don't wear as long...BUT he didn't say 10K! My first Hankooks (102?) wore out in 13K!