How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM

cool!

sound so cool!
maybe i can stop by some day on my way to deep creek lake and check this out a nd do some pics.

My Locker

Bart

Last edited by SVXBart; 09-22-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcat55371
I'm like the rest of you guys it looks like. Started another project, well it kinda started on it's own but it's cool anyway. My neighbor down the road that I bought my welder from bought this big Miller welder. He has a machine shop in his pole barn and works out of it on small jobs. Well his welder was to hot for this job he has so he borrowed mine back. Anyway since I could not work on the Bucket project I started in on the Harley. My 96 Springer now has a foot clutch and a Tank side shifter. I just sent that out to be chromed. I will post pictures when it comes back but it looks pretty cool.

The Bucket frame is all spotted together right now and it's ready to weld solid I guess. Everything lines up pretty well. I'm fighting the weather right now with rain and cold. They are talking snow showers in Northern Minn now...
I'm not ready for winter yet.....
I was hoping to hear that you were still actively persuing the bucket. There has been nothing on it for a long time.
We just picked up an ac/dc stick welder, and that makes 5. 3 migs and an old stick machine that works on 1/4 in or less.
Sorry about the hijack,
If you don't mind, we all can use this thread to share our passions, ( in an auto related way), and give the others a look at what is festering in our collective minds.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXBart
sound so cool!
maybe i can stop by some day on my way to deep creek lake and check this out a nd do some pics.
If you stop by the 'Planet, MRAF', you might not want to GO to the lake.

All you find up there is a lot of out-of-towners!

You can bring a camper and stay for hunting season if you want. Bring something for us to throw on the grill.
You can set it up 5 feet from the wildlife management area.( no hook-ups)
We had a flock of turkeys in the yard the other day, and deer come through every night. We have to put the garbage in an old van to keep raccoons out of it. There are miles of 4 wheeler trails, and some are big enough for my 89 dl hatchback that I use it to collect the firewood.

The 'Huckle-stuff' isn't ready for prime time yet. Might take another month for that. Been 5 weeks so far. There has been a lot of changes, but the best is yet to come. Pics will be developed tomorrow,( 35 mm) and the most dramatic changes will be scanned and posted A,B comp style.

Jerry
Old 09-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Naaa

I dont mind at all, it's all in fun.

Just got the title for the Bucket from a guy in Arkansa. He titled it as a 1917 rodster and gave it a vin number. Now all I have to do is transfer it into my name and I'm good to go, oh and stamp the number on the frame and body.

I'm still plugging away on it, just slowing down until I get things ready for winter.

john
Old 09-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Now with more color

Quote:

Just got the title for the Bucket from a guy in Arkansa. He titled it as a 1917 rodster and gave it a vin number. Now all I have to do is transfer it into my name and I'm good to go, oh and stamp the number on the frame and body.

I'm still plugging away on it, just slowing down until I get things ready for winter.

john
'All winter' has a different meaning for you if you already have snow showers! I was wearing a long sleeved shirt today and was overdressed.
We spent yesterday loading the GMC with all the debris generated in the last few days and sorting and disposing took most of today. Now we have to cut the firewood that we didn't load on to the truck.
I gave Harry the day off, cause I needed a rest!
Mary got the pics developed today, but I haven't seen them yet. She told me that most of them have my 'pinky' in them.

Jerry
Old 09-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Now with more color

Just got home from svxfile's house....

His dreams are coming true TOO!!! The roof is 95 percent on ! All he has to do now is put the shingles on. I was dropping off his trans jack, (that has been in MY lift bay since it came out of the box).
We are both very tired and happy!

Jerry
Old 09-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Now with more color

Quote:

john
I only slow down when I run out of parts or energy. I can usually pick up a 30 pac of 'energy', (if I don't have to go to work). I cleaned up the rest of the 'debris', and got about 60 can for the recycler.

Jerry
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Now with more color

My Friend is getting a divorce!

And has no building to put his WOODSHOP in!!! Well, I have, let's see, 1,2,3,4,5,6.... Buildings,,,,,,,,,,,, and have SEEN his work. I might have to BUILD him a BUILDING if I don't have one that fits his needs!!!!!!!!!

His EX trespassed on government property to vandalize his truck fri night. I have since put his truck in a 'place' where she can't get to it, and furnished him with an old 87 GMC to drive to work till he gets her under control!! If she hit his truck with 3 eggs, it would cost more than I have in the GMC to fix it.

Just helping a friend..........

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 09-26-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:50 AM

Well

I had lost my job back in March and got a new one in June. 15000 a year less and 56 miles each way drive. Having a hard time coming up with monies to buy T Bucket parts so thats why I'm slowing down. Plus my dog has been neglected since I got this job because it take an hour in and hour and half to get home. it's been raining allot and he just lays outside in it. Goofy dog was all matted up and I think I brushed 2 garbabges of hair out of him already. He is a 164lb Newfoundland that thinks he is a lap dog. lol

I'm to the point where I can set the Bucket body on the frame and then tinker with that for the winter. Should not have to buy much for awhile. I'm going to use tin from my parts XT to weld into the Buckets body. Parts of the old XT live on! Was tring to figure out how to use the turbo 4cyl out of it in the Bucket. lol That would be different but but ugly....
Old 09-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
I had lost my job back in March and got a new one in June. 15000 a year less and 56 miles each way drive. Having a hard time coming up with monies to buy T Bucket parts so thats why I'm slowing down. Plus my dog has been neglected since I got this job because it take an hour in and hour and half to get home. it's been raining allot and he just lays outside in it. Goofy dog was all matted up and I think I brushed 2 garbabges of hair out of him already. He is a 164lb Newfoundland that thinks he is a lap dog. lol

I'm to the point where I can set the Bucket body on the frame and then tinker with that for the winter. Should not have to buy much for awhile. I'm going to use tin from my parts XT to weld into the Buckets body. Parts of the old XT live on! Was tring to figure out how to use the turbo 4cyl out of it in the Bucket. lol That would be different but but ugly....
I was thinking up a way to put a Subi 4X4 under a small rod. I guess a person would have to use a NASCAR type rear set up, and create a coil over 'thing' for the front. As long as the geometry is good, it will work.
I feel that it CAN be done and I just might have to try it on the GT-40 project. The only part I will use of the original unibody is the MEASUREMENTS.

What year, again?? on the XT. Does it have air ride?? is the computer still under the passengers seat?? My 85 has an 'issue' with the air...........
I like the car well enough that I built it a carport last week and BOTH Outbacks sit in the rain.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 09-27-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:41 AM

Xt

It's an 85 XT and the air ride works. Compressor runs and the black air hoses leak in different spots. I put duct tape on them and the car holds for 3 days and then sits back down on the ground. I'm not sure about the computer under the seat, didnt look but my 86 had one. Dont know if it's up on the shelve or if I thru it. Got tired of watching the car bounce up and down on the dash and the light flashing at me. Felt like I was driving a video game. lol

Anyway, I have a working compressor setup and the 4 struts hold air. The hoses are junk. Guessing the compressor is under the seat and I will look. I'm at work now when I saw your post.

As for using the ea82 in the Bucket, dont think it would look very good unles I did a RatRod theme
Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 PM

Yup

It's there under the drivers side seat. Figured it would be since everything works Are you sure yours in under the pass seat?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
It's an 85 XT and the air ride works. Compressor runs and the black air hoses leak in different spots. I put duct tape on them and the car holds for 3 days and then sits back down on the ground. I'm not sure about the computer under the seat, didnt look but my 86 had one. Dont know if it's up on the shelve or if I thru it. Got tired of watching the car bounce up and down on the dash and the light flashing at me. Felt like I was driving a video game. lol

Anyway, I have a working compressor setup and the 4 struts hold air. The hoses are junk. Guessing the compressor is under the seat and I will look. I'm at work now when I saw your post.

As for using the ea82 in the Bucket, dont think it would look very good unles I did a RatRod theme
Nothing wrong w that!!! Rats are more fun!! you don't have to spend all weekend washing and waxing!

Jerry
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Now with more color

never looked!

Quote:
It's there under the drivers side seat. Figured it would be since everything works Are you sure yours in under the pass seat?
I was told that is where it's at. Never looked. I replaced the compressor. It's in L F fender.hooked up wires and it ran. I can relate to the car jumping up and down, mine does that.
I considered hooking the compressor up on a toggle, and putting a toggle for each corner. The only one that leaks down on my car is Right rear. and the bag might be bad.

Jerry
Old 09-29-2006, 07:59 AM

Well

The parts are there if ya need them. I haven't tried to sell them yet because I dont have anything to replace the struts with so I can still move the car.
I have a set of wagon struts that I use in the winter on my XT, lifts the car 3" only problem is it's right on the end of the axle angle and when you step on it the axles click. They are brand new and I dont want to wreck them. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: