Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
I remember from High School, 54'40 or fight. I think that was the settlement of the nice straight line over Montana, North Dakota, Idaho, and Washington.
I remember how upset I was the first time I read about the history of the Alaskan panhandle. And yeah.... we should have fought over that border... but the Brits were occupied in other regions in the world and just caved in. Canada wasn't really independent yet.

At least the 54'40 border suggestion wasn't taken seriously at the end. Even so, many folks don't realise that the very southern tip of Vancouver Island is part of the USA The boundary was just drawn straight across instead of dipping down a bit to make the whole island part of Canada. The mistake wasn't realised until afterwards, and both Canada and USA agreed to let it stand.

Last edited by Bipa; 04-15-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Certified Porschephile

See, if we handn't settled, Seattle would be in Canada. Vancouver is nice from what I hear. Although the Canucks were rumored to be the next hockey defectors to the US by moving to Seattle or Portland, joining Quebec and Winipeg.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

I thought SeaRattle was in Canada.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-15-2006, 02:04 PM
<<<Alcyone

Earl lives north of Seattle so he would've been a Canuck . . . Eh!

Phil - What do you have against Seattle? Have you ever been there?

Dan
Old 04-15-2006, 03:54 PM

I have absolutely nothing against Seattle. I love it up there. In the Navy, I spent 14 months or so living in Bremerton WA. while my ship was being overhauled at the shipyards there. There was a Ferry between Bremerton and Seattle that had my car sitting on it every weekend going to Seattle, while I was up top gawking at the scenery. Washington is the best looking state I've ever seen. The parks up there are breathtaking.

I was just taking a feeble stab at being funny. Obviously, it was more feeble than I even thought.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:57 PM

But it did rain alot. Nothing horrid, just a continuous sprinkle.... seemed like all the time. SeaRattle is the reason the world came up with intermittent windshield wipers.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Bipa

Ok, time to turn the tables

Most everyone knows a bit about World War II. We're all taught the basics of how it started in school yet we often stop our study on the day that the Axis surrendered. Then we learn a bit about the Paris Peace Treaty of 1947 and skip straight to the division of Germany and the Berlin Wall.

Hostilities ended on September 2, 1945 when Japan finally was the last to surrender.

The USA didn't officially declare peace with Japan until 8 September 1951 when the San Francisco Peace Treaty, officially known as the Treaty of Peace with Japan was signed. The Soviet Union refused to sign the peace treaty so technically they still remained at war with Japan.

When did World War II finally and completely end?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:27 PM
building more AK47's

As of 2004 they still havent reached a acceptable peace treaty as Russia still holds claims to the small islands in the southern Kuril chain
Old 04-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Okay...So I won the Bipapidia challenge.....Do I get a prize?

No, like seriously. That deserves something.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Mabey like ..pancakes at Reading?
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-16-2006, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Ok,

When did World War II finally and completely end?

Uhhhh... When Bush put on a costume and got on that carrier?

Old 04-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Certified Porschephile

For the German's, I'd say 1945 when they formally surrendered. For Italy in 1943 when they did. For the US in 1951 as you say. Japan and Russia still haven't kissed and made up. So it's technically still on?

Germany should have stopped in 1940 after the fall of france. Stay out of Russia and leave the UK to decide what to do next. Fortify and hold mainland Europe. But, that's all history now. I read an intresting history of Germany in which it discusses the original war plan was for it to start in 1946 when the 4th generation weapons would be up to speed. Hitler actually wanted the US as an ally. But he realized after Lend/Lease he wouldn't be able to split the US and UK.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Bipa

Hey there! Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend!

Yup.... technically, WWII isn't over yet. I did a double take the first time I learned about it... was a bonus point question on my history exam back in highschool. But I gave a pretty good hint there. Imagine if I had just asked when WWII was completely and finally ended.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Hey there! Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend!

Yup.... technically, WWII isn't over yet. I did a double take the first time I learned about it... was a bonus point question on my history exam back in highschool. But I gave a pretty good hint there. Imagine if I had just asked when WWII was completely and finally ended.

Hmmmm.... More proof on my citizenship conspiracy.

There's only a few countries who call it WWII... I'm not sure if Canada is one of them. Is it Bipa? (I mean.... if Bipa is your "real" name.)

Old 04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Certified Porschephile

Once we annex Canada, it won't matter where she's from!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: