SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
I understand that I hurt your feelings every day by reminding you that your precious Subarus are not made by god. This is the only forum so far that i've seen with this kind of attitude.

I think you are highly wrong there. The nature of a model-specific forum is that its respective members will prefer their car to other ones, hence this is why they are a member. If you really think that, try going to ANY of the supra forums, or if you really want one, try R3vlimited.com ( an E30 BMW forum) I love R3V, but if you think the SVX community flames people, you are DEAD wrong. The SVX forum is probably the most civil out there. Like someone said earlier, if you don't like it, leave

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
I understand that I hurt your feelings every day by reminding you that your precious Subarus are not made by god. This is the only forum so far that i've seen with this kind of attitude. You are so fed up with certain automakers outdoing your precious Subaru, or Porsche, or Toyota, or Honda that you resort to personal attacks against anyone who happens to like something other than what you do. Next time try using a real argument...such as "I prefer the design or the Subaru..." or "The Subaru looks so much better to me..." or "I prefer the flat six over V-designs..." etc. Get away from this "GM makes crappy cars..." etc. It doesn't work anymore.

I belong to several GM based forums, or course. One has over 55,000 members. All of them, even the ones that ARE 16, can hold a much more mature conversation than you can.

I've never said anything about me being superior, or even that by not owning or liking GM, that you are less than me. That's BS. This has nothing to do with us, it has to do with cars. Try keeping it that way.

If you can't keep your composure in this argument enough that you don't have to resort to insults, then just stay out of it and let the big boys talk.
Hey McFly, make like a tree and go! GM doesn't make crappy cars huh? Okay, GM makes the world's best car that no one will buy unless they discount it beyond belief. Again, you never answered my question. WHY ARE YOU HERE? YOU OBVIOUSLY AREN'T WANTED!

As for Subaru's being made by a god? Of course they aren't, I know that had I been driving the GM equivilient to an Impreza on October 19th, 1999 I would be well how do you put it DEAD. Doesn't matter to me if GM got their act together. They should have had their ACT TOGETHER FROM DAY ONE if you're selling rolling coffins!!!!!!! Then again, I only give people or companies 1 chance to screw up with something that is important. GM had done that the first time I had the opp to break down in that 76 Astro less than 1000 miles from the assembly line.

Finally, WHY ARE YOU HERE?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
This is the only forum so far that i've seen with this kind of attitude. You are so fed up with certain automakers outdoing your precious Subaru, or Porsche, or Toyota, or Honda that you resort to personal attacks against anyone who happens to like something other than what you do.
I recommend the following sites:

srtforums.com
supraforums.com
superhonda.com
vwvortex.com
e46fanatics.com
ls1.com
ls1tech.com
bimmerforums.com

Every single brand- or vehicle-specific forum has this attitude. Bimmerforums is the worst. If they can't beat you in acceleration, or handling, then they just wax poetic about how they're driving a Bimmer and the other guy is driving a *insert any vehicle below $100k here*.

F-body forums believe that the LS1 came from the hand of God.... They have the exact same attitude as the Bimmer guys when a Civic or any other import beats them: "Yeah, he put bus lengths on me, but at the end of the day, he still drives a POS civic."

SRT Forums? Ugh. They'll flame you just for saying you own anything besides a Neon.

Not to say that the SVX forums are much better. If someone beats an SVX in a straight line, or even in corners, it's always "Yeah, but let's try the same race in the snow! And wach as he powerslides his non-AWD ass off the cliff!" or "But our ecsaine and wood dash and interior is so much better than theirs... Our is just that luxurious" Same spin on the same tired excuses as every other forum.

I don't expect things to ever get better. Rivalry and one-upmanship is why we're on these forums and not a general automotive forum: we believe our car is the best (or close to it) overall package, whether that's a combination of luxury, performance, handling, cargo size, gas mileage, value, and uniqueness, or whatever else. If we didn't, we probably wouldn't be on our respective forums.

People have to understand that there's other perspectives on this besides their own, and some of them are pretty valid. Every group has their little stereotypes: imports are slow, domestics can't handle, small engines are useless, big engines guzzle gas, Japanese cars are cheaply assembled, domestic cars are poorly assembled, blah blah blah. Many of these don't hold water. I think it's always good to get another perspective, even if you don't agree with it all the time, as long as it's grounded in some foundation of logic.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Hey McFly, make like a tree and go! GM doesn't make crappy cars huh? Okay, GM makes the world's best car that no one will buy unless they discount it beyond belief. Again, you never answered my question. WHY ARE YOU HERE? YOU OBVIOUSLY AREN'T WANTED!

As for Subaru's being made by a god? Of course they aren't, I know that had I been driving the GM equivilient to an Impreza on October 19th, 1999 I would be well how do you put it DEAD. Doesn't matter to me if GM got their act together. They should have had their ACT TOGETHER FROM DAY ONE if you're selling rolling coffins!!!!!!! Then again, I only give people or companies 1 chance to screw up with something that is important. GM had done that the first time I had the opp to break down in that 76 Astro less than 1000 miles from the assembly line.

Finally, WHY ARE YOU HERE?
When I got my SVX used, I experienced wheel bearing problems within 50 miles of purchase. Obviously, Subaru should have had their ACT TOGETHER FROM DAY ONE to prevent that, and of course they make absolutely horrendous cars all through their whole line. Similarly, I sustained significant injuries in a 1980 Toyota Corolla with an impact speed of 30 mph. Dammit, Toyota should have had their ACT TOGETHER FROM DAY ONE, those pathetic excuses for engineers.

OTOH, I did okay in a Ford Contour in a pretty ugly accident. Wow. Ford must make some great f*ckin cars.

Maybe I'm jumping into a snake pit, but it seems that nobody besides you, Shadow248, and NapaBavarian have any clue where the hell the snakes came from. Would anyone care to provide some info on this? Because eating popcorn without seeing any action gets kinda boring.

Last edited by Red SVX 92; 01-25-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:42 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Old 01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok, just to get a better idea of WTH is going on. Shadow, do you/have you/ or do you plan on owning an SVX??

Tom
Old 01-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Cool

Let me just wrap up what everyone is trying to tell shadow:
Old 01-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa nice one budfreak... but come on guys, Shadow does not deserve that, let us just stay polite... until further notice

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Certified Porschephile

Porsches? Why they get pulled in? Other then the Z06 no GM is even close. Or ford other then the recalled GT. OK, I'm now Porsche fanboi #1. We rock, you suck. There. Call me Switzerland, I'm sitting this one out.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
The SRT-4 is fastAr.

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
NapaBavarian have any clue where the hell the snakes came from.
bigger snakes?
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Certified Porschephile

Rob sighting! /\
Old 01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Porsches? Why they get pulled in? Other then the Z06 no GM is even close. Or ford other then the recalled GT. OK, I'm now Porsche fanboi #1. We rock, you suck. There. Call me Switzerland, I'm sitting this one out.

WTF? I'm a diesel FANBOY, how no one rips me one?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Rob sighting! /\

Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
When I got my SVX used, I experienced wheel bearing problems within 50 miles of purchase.
Maybe you should've had you're act together when buying a used car. One of my bearings finally went at 145k, not bad for a car let alone a limited production sports car.

Sure you might have had an issue with an 80 Corolla but I'd suspect you would've had the same issue with an 80 Seville as well.

As for the Contour. It wasn't a bad car (or at least platform). Don't worry though as Bill Ford said they will no longer be producing vehicles that people don't want.

As for the snakes, they're just here on loan until Shadow realizes that he should just leave for good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: