How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
KCROGUEDOG

needed info on misfires

ok my svx had a bad coil pack (running rough and missing alot). i checked the codes found the cyl. and replace the pack. i got 3 used ones. after replace the svx ran great for 24 hours and as im sitting in drive idling my car jumps again with a small back fire. very minor compared to before so i figure maybe its a fouled plug in the same bad cyl. so i buy the cheap ngk single tips and pull old. the old look a little crispy but still good. they all looked the same. a little brownish no oil. so i figure maybe the used pack is bad i have 2 more so i put another used one in. so new plugs and diff pack is in and i start the car and it seems to run fine and normal for now. tiny shake due to exhuast but no jumps. what can cause this besides the packs and the plugs?????? if this happens again. im out of options.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:13 AM
KCROGUEDOG

bump if this continues today im looking into the fuel injectors i guess? thanks for the replys
Old 11-24-2005, 09:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
time to start pulling injectors and see what one has no effect and then go from there. Or try switching around the coil packs and see if it follows the pack or injector. Just a thought. Ideally a spark tester and noid light would work for the injector and pack but dont know if you have either of those. Obviously your getting fuel so its more then likely not a pressure issue. How old is the fuel filter? Well good luck and hope you find it soon i know how crappy it is to be driving around with a poorly running svx.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:36 AM
KCROGUEDOG

ive only drove it maybe two miles since i did that stuff yesterday so my prob could be gone. fuel filter is 6 or 7 months old.