IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 10:52 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
Honestly, I thought that all that vinyl was unnecessary on the car, and I was laughing more about the fact that they couldn't do the vinyl job right. That's like all the kids nowadays getting Chinese tattoos thinking they got the word "love" or "prosperity" or "big pimpin'", when the tat guy actually inked out "prostitute", "dumbass", or "little d***".
http://www.soufoaklin.com/tattooartist.html

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-31-2005, 11:04 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
They didn't name it... Subaru named it the EG33, and they mislabeled it on the car. IIRC, the Legacy is the EZ (EZ30). It is NOT a Legacy engine.
It's possible that Subaru used a different engine designation for different countries. Just because it's an EG series in the U.S. doesn't mean it can't be an EZ series in other countries.

Dave
Old 08-31-2005, 11:55 AM

what is more important. An accomplishment that no one ever even try to do, and the fact that it was done, with what result?, who knows yeat. but it is there, and i believe that is a BIG BIG accomplish. But here you are giving importance to somehting that really doesn't not make any difference, to performance, desing. maybe they like the z or any letter just to make it different. Whe should give importance to the fact that it is there, and that they maybe able to help our SVX become one of the best sport or not sport car in the world, just to even make it more unique..... If people will like to make more inf on this, keep posting and help keep this alive. and respecting everybody's opinion as long as they are not ofensive...... "PLEASE GIVE PEACE A CHANCE""""
Old 08-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Sounds fake, but I've seen a few in person... I don't know the chinese symbol for "d***", but I do know the symbol for "small". And one girl showing me her tat of "love", which I definitely knew wasn't.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by red95svx
It's possible that Subaru used a different engine designation for different countries. Just because it's an EG series in the U.S. doesn't mean it can't be an EZ series in other countries.

Dave
Sounds like a possibility to me.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknite
what is more important. An accomplishment that no one ever even try to do, and the fact that it was done, with what result?, who knows yeat. but it is there, and i believe that is a BIG BIG accomplish. But here you are giving importance to somehting that really doesn't not make any difference, to performance, desing. maybe they like the z or any letter just to make it different. Whe should give importance to the fact that it is there, and that they maybe able to help our SVX become one of the best sport or not sport car in the world, just to even make it more unique..... If people will like to make more inf on this, keep posting and help keep this alive. and respecting everybody's opinion as long as they are not ofensive...... "PLEASE GIVE PEACE A CHANCE""""
I give it importance because I don't see anything wrong with their TT setup.

BTW, quit fooling yourself, they're not making the SVX one of the "best sports cars" by putting our engine in a WRX. That'd be similar to being proud of the SVX *not the engine* because they pulled an EG33 out of a wrecked SVX and used it in a plane. It means the engine's good, not the car.

None of that plumbing could be used in our cars. The engine bays are different. Unfortunately, our cars are pretty well-designed as a system, meaning that most components are matched to meet the defined requirements and not much more, meaning that upgrading power significantly will require more upgrades to the rest of the system to keep up. That includes the fuel system, the air induction, the tranny, etc.

I'd be far more excited if I were a Rex owner... I'd be looking for junkyard SVXs and offering to buy the hot parts from this guy if I had one, to make my WRX a much quicker vehicle than any of those overweight, underpowered, luxo-boats we call an SVX.

Please keep in mind that I'd take the SVX over the WRX any given day, but not because I think the SVX is the faster car of the two.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Angry

ok. if anyone is paying attention tothat thread, we all just got slammed pretty damn hard by some dillholes in family cars with turbos. i'll wait 24 hours to see if anyone replys with a logical and respectful response and if no one does, well... read previous posts by wrxkiller and you'll get the drift. and i was being nice last time.....
Old 09-01-2005, 08:06 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I dont see anything except subafreak's posts.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Those WRX owners on NASIOC really tick me off at times. I'm seriously split between getting an '05/'06 Legacy 2.5GT and an '06 WRX - I may just go with the Legacy to avoid being associated with that as_hole group.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 AM

Chike ive been meaning to talk to you about your purchase on a legacy GT or a WRX. I would definitley go with the legacy GT. A 250 HP turbocharged motor and luxury and style...ya cant go wrong. The WRX is nice and all but if your not getting an STi then get the legacy..more power and torque and you can make some great mods as well. Our n/a legacy should be in the driveway right after labor day

Old 09-01-2005, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWER on demand
Chike ive been meaning to talk to you about your purchase on a legacy GT or a WRX. I would definitley go with the legacy GT. A 250 HP turbocharged motor and luxury and style...ya cant go wrong. The WRX is nice and all but if your not getting an STi then get the legacy..more power and torque and you can make some great mods as well. Our n/a legacy should be in the driveway right after labor day
Congrats on the n/a Legacy Tom! I'm sure your mom will be very happy with it.

I'll see how I feel about both cars after test-driving them. The thing about the WRX, is that they're a TON of aftermarket parts available for them. Making a low 12 sec WRX will be much easier to accomplish than with a Legacy 2.5GT (plus the Legacy weighs ~200lbs more)...

-Chike

Old 09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
ilsegretosvx

I'll see how I feel about both cars after test-driving them. The thing about the WRX, is that they're a TON of aftermarket parts available for them. Making a low 12 sec WRX will be much easier to accomplish than with a Legacy 2.5GT (plus the Legacy weighs ~200lbs more)...<<<<<------so it wieghs the same as the SVX
Old 09-01-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsegretosvx
so it wieghs the same as the SVX
Nope, the Legacy weighs over 150lbs less!

FYI -

'06 WRX weighs 3195lbs
'05/'06 Legayc 2.5GT weighs ~3400lbs
'92-'97 SVX LSi weighs 3580lbs

-Chike

Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Congrats on the n/a Legacy Tom! I'm sure your mom will be very happy with it.

I'll see how I feel about both cars after test-driving them. The thing about the WRX, is that they're a TON of aftermarket parts available for them. Making a low 12 sec WRX will be much easier to accomplish than with a Legacy 2.5GT (plus the Legacy weighs ~200lbs more)...

-Chike
Hmm maybe thats why im not a HUGE fan of the WRX. Tons of aftermarket and very easy to mod. Look at the huge smiles on our faces when we make the smallest of mods to our SVX's....and thats because we have virtually no aftermarket at all. The legacy is a good balance I think. I got to drive the n/a legacy...and like i said in another thread WOW that car has a lot of pep for 168 HP.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 PM
ilsegretosvx

hmmmmm......just read a review of the 04 STi (maybe to get specific on model, sorry)
Curb wieght: 3263

my SVX still needs to drop 180#s....out go the
seats
rims
replace hood with FG hood

allready out
AC unit
ac condensor and dryer and radiator
front and rear windshield fluid resivoirs
spoiler (might go back on, it doesnt look right with out it)