Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 08-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I just got my order in today for the struts. The coilovers I dunno about yet. I need to call ground control and ask some questions. I also need to call classic garage as one of my rear struts is the old serated style and one is the new "nubs" style. I am confused on why they would mix and match?? Either way, I got to tinker with them and set all of them to full firm and read the instructions dilligently. I still need to know the cut lenght for the serated one as it did not come with those instructions but I understand how they work

Tom
Old 08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
KCROGUEDOG

the easiest way for length is to put next to the tube and chalk mark up about a inch so when u cut u are sure to knock the nubs in with a rubber mallot. dont do like what i did. i cound not get the nubs to fit so i cut more.. like a idiot. wednesday i will pull rears and re update with the cold weld pics on all four.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:06 PM
KCROGUEDOG

also every thing is loose when all pull together (i had to call gc about this i was not sure i put stuff together right). u do not have to compress the gc coils. just put the mounts on and torque or impact down snug. dont forget the extra washer in for the back 2. very easy to install. use the how to from mych on how to remove.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 PM
KCROGUEDOG

ok i got all the sqeaks and rattles out. and cold welded the tube to strut house for reissurance. i used a washer in the top of the rear mounts i had to drill out. then added a lock washer then the final nut to tighten everything into place. i also lubercated the mounts with a silicone spray. and i readjusted and the ride is amazing. no more bouncing. im getting my alingment and tires today. to improve the ride even more. im ciked. now the fight between me and my wife is she likes the front settings on soft and i like it firm. like i said the cornering and agility is been majorly improved by the bushing also.