Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 11:19 PM
KCROGUEDOG

what will i fill the slot with after the install. i dont need a kit? just remove and bolt in? ethier top or bottom slot? lee said something i think about a late model mustang pocket thing.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
will tapping the power (was what i thought of first and was told to go the inverter route) be enough power. i dont want a fire.
Hmmm... I wrote that before I knew the PS2 needed 110VAC. If you're using an inverter, the cigarette lighter socket is probably a better idea.

As for the size on the inverter, I'd go with the 175W at least -- that might run a bit cooler (er, less hot) than the smaller ones.

Quote:
what will i fill the slot with after the install. i dont need a kit? just remove and bolt in? ethier top or bottom slot? lee said something i think about a late model mustang pocket thing.
Right. See my SVX Audio guide. It has pictures and everything.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
Well the old style PS2 uses just 12V on the inside. Oddly enough there's no 5V or negative supplies coming from the power supply.

Open it up and get at the power supply where it meets the main board - you'll see four pins into a white connector. Two are ground, two are +12V, just find one of the 12V and one of the grounds and hook it up to your Accessory wire in the SVX. I've done this on every custom PS2 install I've done and I guarentee you'll have zero problems.

This is only for the old PS2, not the slim one. Let me know if you want more info - remember - this is free no need to buy an inverter.

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 07-04-2005, 11:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
That certainly makes things easier. Might I suggest also buying a common DC jack from an electronics parts store and install it on the PS2 casing, in case one has thoughts of being able to remove and use it elsewhere.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjjensen
Open it up and get at the power supply where it meets the main board - you'll see four pins into a white connector. Two are ground, two are +12V, just find one of the 12V and one of the grounds and hook it up to your Accessory wire in the SVX.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:52 PM
KCROGUEDOG

i think im going to go with the inverter idea. so i can easliy unplug and remove. i just got to get a extra tv hook up wires. ty for the help guys.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I may have some spare PS2 parts from my failed attempt to install a modchip.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 AM
KCROGUEDOG

hey hey i finally got the screen in and all i have not mounted the ps2 yet but its on the floor for now. i have a alpine and it was a pain to figure out the parking brake bypass. it took 2 days with working full time. but im getting a new camera in any time now. if someone wants pics let me know and i had to mount the screen in the bottom slot and not the top. the screen could not come out and flip out. in the bottom it comes out just enough for those who use the 1003 alpine flip out.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:38 PM
KCROGUEDOG

update on the screen install its in and got memory and all. i tried to get in the top slot but it just would not work so its back at the bottom for the second time. wood door works to. i got the ps2 mounted and will put up pick as soon as camera comes in. the ps2 mount was easy. remove door. and the elastic strap on the inside of glove box is perfect for the bigger ps2s strech it to run along the front of the station in the middle below the lip. and wala no drilling or screws. i took it on a few bump tests and it is tight in there. no skiping or falling. and the cords i hid under the carpet. pics to come.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 AM

Careful with that, most PS2 lasers won't even survive a tip over from the vertical to horizontal position, let alone a fall from that height. Be real sure that the strap won't give and consider adding a bit of padding.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
the ps2 mount was easy. remove door. and the elastic strap on the inside of glove box is perfect for the bigger ps2s strech it to run along the front of the station in the middle below the lip. and wala no drilling or screws. i took it on a few bump tests and it is tight in there. no skiping or falling.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:43 AM
KCROGUEDOG

ive never had it vertical and its a old one. they are becoming cheaper any ways. i have not used it to much. just for the madden 05. but the strap makes it a part of the car and no padding is needed. u will see in pics when posted. ty for the conserning info though.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM
KCROGUEDOG

i got my dig cam finally and its bad azz. and i took pics so here they are. oh yeah my car needs a detail its been 3 1/2 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0013.JPG (420.4 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0012.JPG (391.0 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0014.JPG (412.2 KB, 144 views)
Old 07-22-2005, 07:40 PM
KCROGUEDOG

and more.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0016.JPG (420.7 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0017.JPG (400.4 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0015.JPG (416.6 KB, 155 views)
Old 07-22-2005, 09:34 PM

The PS2 just screams STEAL ME! You should find a way to mount a steering wheel controler in front of the passenger seat and race your real SVX against his virtual one.

KuoH
Old 07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
KCROGUEDOG

yeah. the race is on. i know the thing says steal me. but i will have a garage and another car the next house i get. and alarm. from the out side of the car it is not to noticable. now from the angles the pics were took yeah its noticable for all passengers pleasure. i want tint but i got scratchs on my windows that i need to replace. now on to the koni gc install i got the konis in the mail and waiting on the gcs any day now.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 AM

WOW ! I have an 05 STS cadillac and can't use my screen to even make a phone call once you go over 5mph, BUT you can play video games! .Can you come over to my place and fix my STS Looks great and yeah KEEP IT IN THE GARAGE