Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 02-18-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian
...snip...

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased. I watched him for quite a while, and he seemed to take good care of his work. This could be a rare case, but so far, I certainly haven't found the CC horror stories to be true.
Great, always nice to hear a happy ending as so many of the posts are just complaints (like mine )
Old 02-18-2005, 05:51 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Being pro-active pays off.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 02-21-2005, 04:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
Which is the correct Yellow tach wire at ecu

This it the second remote start / keyless entry I am installing on my car. The reason for changing now is that the first one is not working part of the time. The last time I didn't have the tach wire hooked up and many times the engine would start but almost immediately die and then restart and after a few times of starting it would stay running. But I think that is caused because the remote module didn't get a signal that the car was running so this time I want to hook up the tach wire. Does anyone know which yellow wire going to the ecu is the correct one and also I have hear that the tach wire coming out of the start module can be hooked to one of the fuel injectors but I don't know which of those wires would be the correct one either so any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Vernon
Old 02-21-2005, 04:58 PM
deruvian

Re: Which is the correct Yellow tach wire at ecu

Quote:
Originally posted by rayford
This it the second remote start / keyless entry I am installing on my car. The reason for changing now is that the first one is not working part of the time. The last time I didn't have the tach wire hooked up and many times the engine would start but almost immediately die and then restart and after a few times of starting it would stay running. But I think that is caused because the remote module didn't get a signal that the car was running so this time I want to hook up the tach wire. Does anyone know which yellow wire going to the ecu is the correct one and also I have hear that the tach wire coming out of the start module can be hooked to one of the fuel injectors but I don't know which of those wires would be the correct one either so any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Vernon
Just on quick inspection, it appears as though the installer may have hooked up the tach wire to one of my injectors. Why? I'm not sure. Perhaps I will investigate more.

However, perhaps these wiring diagrams will help you? They illustrate each and every terminal on the ECU, and will hold the answer for you I'm sure.

I believe that the RPM terminal is described on the second page as "Engine revolution output." Connecter B61, terminal number 16, IIRC.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
deruvian

Page 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ecu wiring diagram 1.jpg (212.5 KB, 167 views)
Old 02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
deruvian

Page 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ecu wiring diagram 2.jpg (251.8 KB, 159 views)
Old 02-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Re: Re: Which is the correct Yellow tach wire at ecu

Well, the injectors will only pulse if the ECU determines that the engine has started, so it seems like a possible place to splice a tach sensor. However, one of the coil wires might be a safer choice or even run tachless if the module supports. I know DEI and their rebadges, like the Bulldog starters from Walmart that I've used, support tachless operation and work flawlessly.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian
Just on quick inspection, it appears as though the installer may have hooked up the tach wire to one of my injectors. Why? I'm not sure. Perhaps I will investigate more.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:22 PM

Thanks, deruvian, I think that diagram will help a bunch,,,, I will see if I can hook it up tomorrow after work if the weather isn't bad...The rest of the hookup isn't going to be bad as I have all the other wires already installed, all I have to do is cut the old unit out and splice in the new one.. Thanks again.Vernon
Old 02-21-2005, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the reply kuoh, I tried to use the tachless mode but it didn't seem to work on this model, I wanted to use a coil wire but I wasn't sure which one to use.. If I can the ecu tach wire that will be handier since I won't have to go in under the hood. Thanks Vernon