How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-20-2004, 04:39 PM
jerm781

More SVX problems

Well after just spending $1300 on the car I now find out there is a oil leak on top of the motor coming from the intake and a shop told me the crank shaft seals need to be replaced (I guess he knows what he's talking about). And the car still smokes out the exhaust when I first start it. I am know thinking of doing the unthinkable and put a nice little sighn in the window (if ya know what I mean)
Old 03-20-2004, 06:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Re: More SVX problems

Quote:
Originally posted by jerm781
Well after just spending $1300 on the car I now find out there is a oil leak on top of the motor coming from the intake and a shop told me the crank shaft seals need to be replaced (I guess he knows what he's talking about). And the car still smokes out the exhaust when I first start it. I am know thinking of doing the unthinkable and put a nice little sighn in the window (if ya know what I mean)
The seals going is not uncommon. My car had a very minor front crank seal leak. I know a guy with an outback that has 60-70k on it with a seal leak. Its just something that happens with these boxer engines according to him. Its just something that needs to be maintained like spark plugs or timing belts, not some serious engine failure. I was quoted about $350 to fix the front crank seal. Its actually a $6 part I beleive. Its the labor that adds up.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:03 AM

Re: More SVX problems

Quote:
Originally posted by jerm781
And the car still smokes out the exhaust when I first start it.
This is not uncommon.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Jimsbaby

could be worse

hey man it could be worse mine smokes when ever the tranny shifts and this is after i just put a 3rd tranny in it (hope this one will last longer than the 3month warranty this time) good luck with it.

Jim