Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2004, 08:41 PM
gcookaustin

Fun in the snow

Check it out! The AWD works now. My roommate and I took it around the top of a parking garage for a good snow test. With those tires on, it's hard to really get it to spin out (we tried). Also have the thrill of trying to not run into the walls.

http://web.utk.edu/~gcook/pictures/
Old 02-26-2004, 09:48 PM
greg

I am sooo jealous... We were supposed to get snow down here too and i wake up this morning with NONE!

Thats cool! My car has had that slip thing for awhile now too but local Subaru dealership had NO idea what is was.

My mechanic now found the Duty Solenoid "D" and is fixing it.
Now I can't wait to drive my baby in the snow; it's not out of the shop yet so I guess I'm okay with waiting for the snow till the baby is out of the garage so I can go out playing!

~G
Old 02-26-2004, 10:03 PM
gcookaustin

Yeh, I had to take my car to the local AAMCO after the dealer decided that because the rear wheels were turning while up on the rack, that everything was okay (I had explained that driving on ice yeilded no rear power). As it turns out, a gear was stripped, and also a solenoid was frozen stuck, so the rears would kinda turn while up on the rack because of centrifugal motion.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:28 AM
greg

Quote:
Originally posted by gcookaustin
Yeh, I had to take my car to the local AAMCO after the dealer decided that because the rear wheels were turning while up on the rack, that everything was okay (I had explained that driving on ice yeilded no rear power). As it turns out, a gear was stripped, and also a solenoid was frozen stuck, so the rears would kinda turn while up on the rack because of centrifugal motion.
What dealer do you use there? Are they completly incompetent on just SVX or are they just overall not a good dealer?

~G
Old 02-29-2004, 01:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Quote:
Check it out! The AWD works now. My roommate and I took it around the top of a parking garage for a good snow test. With those tires on, it's hard to really get it to spin out (we tried). Also have the thrill of trying to not run into the walls.
Nice driving there, I've tried doing this past weekend on ice, did not work as well. Every time I press the pedal it starts spinning out, without moving much. I'll post the video later. (Need to figure out how to move it from camcorder to computer)
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

Alternative Ways of getting around
2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 02-29-2004, 02:26 PM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by greg

What dealer do you use there? Are they completly incompetent on just SVX or are they just overall not a good dealer?

~G
The dealership was bought by another dealer, and so it's under new people.