Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 05:19 AM
pottsy

SVX meet - JAE

Joe, et al

Work has taken me out of the country for last couple of weeks - hence little movement on taking car pics for you - I will do it!!

I realise I'm a little late now for the JAE meet paperwork - I WILL be there - not sure which day we'll attend yet. We shall not overnight, too much of a pain with 2 young kids.

Happy to remove the bit Tony wanted - however - will need guidance on where it is etc under the bonet and what tools to take with me.

Pottsy:
Old 07-11-2004, 05:36 AM
TonyShaleUK

Welcome back - I know the feeling......

You will need to remove the battery and tray (on my car I needed a 10mm spanner/socket).

Then low down between the cam cover bulges you will see one of the ignition cables leading into a black coloured box retained by a 12mm bolt - ring or open end spanner ok for this. Undo this and wiggle the bolt whilst pulling on it to pull the unit off the spark plug.

Trace the wire back to the back of the engine - there are three colour-coded connectors there. You will need an electricians flat bladed screwdriver to poke into the top of the connector to release the clip whilst pulling the connector up. Hey presto!

Thanks for your help.

Tony
Old 07-11-2004, 07:06 AM
TonyShaleUK

Questions on the event...

I can't find anything about camping facilities at the event. Or is it me?

Also, do we pay on th gate or have to get advance tickets?
Old 07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
TonyShaleUK

Pottsy & Joe, see thread about the coil pack
Old 07-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Phil & Belha

I got an email back from Aubrey Taylor, he's been away for a while and didn't know about the meet. Unfortunately he can't make as he's away that weekend.

Matt - Glad you can make it. There are some Supra clubs attending so your mate should be able to find a parking space. If not then he'll just have to trade it in for an SVX.

Phil.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:32 AM

Progress :

New tent : Check !
New stove : Check !
New airbed : Check !
Sleeping bags : Check !
Wash car : Check !

Confirmation from Claire : sadly lacking.

I'll call her today and make sure we are on course.

Will keep you posted.

Phil.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:11 AM

All systems go !!

I've just spoken to Claire, and we're in !!

She seems not to be able to get any email to me..... (mumble, mumble, firewalls, security mumble, mumble) but she will be revising the map again on the JAE website this week.

Camping appears to be ad-hoc, no alocated spaces as such, although if we're camping on or near the stand we're supposed to be in place by 9am............ I guess those who are camping will wing it abit on the day. When we arrive you're supposed to buy the correct ticket then, so if camping say to the marshal you want a £15 two day ticket and camping is included in that.

All the charges are on a "per car" basis not "per person" so it's £10 per car per day, and £15 per car for two days including camping.

So next question is does anyone have an awning or suitable temporary structure we can "camp out" in on the stand, to sit and drink coffee/beer/insert drink of choice while the masses admire the cars, (or more likely sit in to avoid the rain !!) ??

Should I look further into getting an "SVX World Network" banner made ??

Any other questions/queries ??

Phil.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:19 AM
SVXcase

Supras on our stand no no no no no

No you misunderstand I was thinking he could stay in the car park or go and sit with his filthy straight six friends. To allow a toyota next to a proper car could risk cross infection, its just that he only lives round the corner from Billing and has a well stocked drinks cabinet.
Look foreward to seeing you all and I daresay if there is revellry on Saturday we'll hang around and join in.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Project Manager.

Thanks Phil

Good work on the logistics so far.

Don't have an awning or anything like that, maybe some of the local guys can chip in and say what they are bringing/can bring.

I can bring some beer/and/or wine for the BBQ, but perhaps if we are cooking out,buying some stuff locally on the Saturday would be in order, provided we know the numbers coming, and get it achieved before five o'clock or so.

The Network banner would give a professional look to it. Whatever it costs, I will contribute a percentage. Pretty sure a few more of our regulars will ante up also. Do a price call on it, and say how much you need from how many.

Somebody needs to bring a cooking device. Any takers?

Looking forward to it already.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-13-2004, 01:15 AM

go's over...........

I was thinking on the right lines, but the words escaped me : Gaziebo, that's what I meant to say. We've seen some reasonably priced but realatively low quality ones, but if anyone has one then it'll save another purchase.

Will investigate the banner idea and get a price, also time scale may be an issue now.

If we are planning to BBQ I guess we are going to need either a Hibachi type jobbie or disposables. I'll check the rules and regulations to see what we're allowed to do..............
Old 07-13-2004, 10:52 AM
TonyShaleUK

I can borrow a 10' square gazebo, but it isn't waterproof!! I'll bring it anyway, assuming I can get it, the camping gear, passenger(s) and me in all at the same time!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
SVXcase

Banner and cooking........

Like the sound of the banner hope you can get it done in time, those exhibition graphics boys are used to doing banners on PVC and also working to tight deadlines. If you do get it done I would be glad to chip in. As for cooking gear I would offer but with my time keeping I would probably only end up doing Sunday supper.
Cheers, Matt.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:56 AM

Smile Confirmation

Old 07-16-2004, 10:10 AM

Banner Slammer.......

I've just been quoted £120 + vat for a 3m long 50cm high banner with the site logo and words "SVX World Network" on..........

I'll be seeking alternate quotes !!

Phil.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:34 AM

Getting better, latest quote was £75 + the dreaded..........

Phil.