How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Unique find

Since I haven't been doing anything else at work today I did a database search for SVX in our auction system. Apparently a 92 Black SVX with 98k sold here back in 3/00 and the title was never provided by the sellor. The car is still sitting her and is set to be towed by the salvor on 1/30. I'd hate to see it go there so I'm gonna try to talk my wife into getting it. Without a title though there isn't much I can do with it in PA. I'll have to check into getting an abandoned vehicle title. Granted its sat for this long so probably needs a ton of work but I can't do anything the easy way so its right up my alley. Anybody have a car fax that can run this. Nothing odd showed up on autocheck but I'd love the last title # so I can work on tracing it back to that owner. JF1CX3539NH108435.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I don't have a carfax account but I wish you luck. It's a wonderful thing you are trying to do! I hope all works out well for you and the stray

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:46 PM
jklmnopqrst

Clean title

I ran the Carfax report on the SVX and (good news) it has a clear title. It even qualifies for the "$5000 Clean Title History Guarantee." It looks like its been through a couple auctions in 2000: once in January, and once in March. Is there any other information you wanted from the Carfax report? If so, let me know.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:53 PM
jklmnopqrst

Title #

I forgot to give you the title number (sorry). Here it is. The first title was issued in PA. The most recent title was issued in DE. How are you going to track the original owner just by having the title number? Is there a website that you use? Good luck to you!

Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Chadds Ford, PA
Title #46994039

Delaware
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Wilmington, DE
Title #00037905
Old 01-23-2003, 06:25 AM

Car fax

Thanks a million! The #'s weren't in Autocheck. With the number I can call the DMV and find out what is on the title (i.e. lien holders, etc.) If theirs a lien holder who has the title in their possession or is listed on the title then usually you can't go through a title service to get a dup or newly issued title. Wish their was a site. It would make life so much easier.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Benebob, how much do you suppose you will be able to pickup the car for? Depending on what kind of work it may need I find myself envious of your discovery

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:31 AM

Unique find

Hopefully a couple hundred, $500 tops unless it looks like it can be a runner again. W/O a title there isn't much value except for a yard and with these cars there isn't a great market so most have to sit a while to get the $$$. Yards don't like that. I just hope I can get it w/o dealing with a salvage auction.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:09 PM

Salvage SVX

Just got back from looking at it. After sitting for 2 years in a gravel lot its covered in crap but I couldn't find a dent or ding in the body. Everything looked great. Brakes definately seized, tires had air and wheels looked good (had a real purplish tint to them). It was locked so I couldn't pop the hood or get a great look inside but the driverside seat was pretty bad and the pass had a cut in it. Weird thing was it had the side pillar cover SVX label resin there. I didn't think the 92s had these plastic decals? Assuming it doesn't run what's everyone think its worth? Remember there's no title and maybe a 20% chance of getting one.

Oh yeah, how hard is it to jimmy a SVX lock? I've heard its real difficult but I can get my outside person to run me down and try her jimmy tommorrow. The key is just sitting in there.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:15 PM
alacrity024

i'd say a non-running SVX is worth anywhere between $1,000 and $2,500, depending on what shape the tranny is in, whether or not the engine can be pulled and easily started, etc. etc... I'd say $2,500 would be for a '97 with less than 80k on the clock and an engine which was still good and maybe a bad tranny and some body damage..

just a thought

-adam
Old 01-23-2003, 12:27 PM

Salvage SVX

Its a 92 with 98k. Evidently it was sold and arbitrated for not running. Guessing it has to do with the tranny. Manheim Market Report puts a Poor condition 92 with these miles at $1285. Granted thats for a titled car at dealer prices. I'm thinking of offering $500 but I don't want to go higher that I have to. There's no spoiler on the back which I was thinking I could sell to cover some of the cost of the car.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:27 PM

If you have a tool to open it they are real easy. the tool is round and can be bent a the angle you need to unlock the door by pulling up on lock. you have to pull the top edge of the door out away from the roof and hold open with a wedge just enough to slide the rod down to hook under lock buton and lift it up to unlock. This is how my car was unlocked in about one minute when my key got locked inside away from home.