Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

SUV rant

[rant]
OK guys...I am in a turning lane to go into Wal-Mart to pick up my mum. I see this woman in a huge i mean huge 95ish Chevy SUV thing she is in the lane to go strait but keeps kinda getting closer to my car, i start to turn into the driveway that leads to the store and i feel a bum and a kinda grind and sure enough she had decided to turn too. I was half my car length ahead of her yet she still hit me. I keep moving going to pull over into a empty parking lot yet she turns into a restraunt. I turn around and run up to where she is backing into a space and jump out of my car to check it over and to make sure she even realized what she did. Fortunatly only her tire rubbed on the rear quarter panel. You could see the side of her tire tread on the car cause my car is so well coverd with road salt. I let her off easy cause nothing did happen but i cant believe there are such stupid people out there. If she cant see me a half car length ahead of her she shouldnt be driving, not to mention this thing was about twice the length of the SVX and about as tall as a semi...why does she need that???
I just had to let all that our cause my blood is still going faster than normal and this was about an hour and a half ago...
Ahhh some people...

[/rant]
Old 01-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
It's a jungle out there....

Leslie, I consider that Wal-mart lot and the front lot at Crossroads Mall as the most dangerous parking areas in our area. Whenever I enter those places, my head looks like the top of a bobblehead doll and my eyes are out on stalks. Since you have a black SVX like I do, people just can't see us! I have started running headlights AND fog lights in the daytime, but that doesn't help people see the sides of the car. I need to make some magnetic rod with a day-glo flag on it....like bike riders use...and stick it on the roof. No....not a flag....a BANNER!
"CAR BELOW" or something like that. Folks that drive those condos-on-wheels don't notice anything below eye level.

I sure am glad I don't drive my MG Midget or Triumph Spitfire anymore. These people would think they had run over a Coke can...

Glad you are OK and that the damage isn't worse! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I hadnt reached the parking lot yet hehe...just drove me nuts. cant people just learn how to drive she had to be at least 35, by then i am sure ill be evan a better driver than i am now...
Old 01-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
With something like that you should be lucky she didn't drive OVER you!!

Hope you and your car are both ok!

I'd check for paint scratches.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Superbeast

Just reading about it pisses me off. I would have just about killed her. I can be very emotional about the well being of my car, I went postal the time my wife (half her fault) backed in to another guy backing out of a parking spot, scratches on the bumper and a 6in diamiter dent in the corner of the quater panel, man was I pissed. Of course I ended up in the hospital getting my fingers stitched back togeter! Don't try changing light bulbs when your really mad.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 01-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I wasnt that worried, my paint looks like $hit....
Old 01-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

If it had been a 16-17y/o guy he woulda ended up with a busted lip,if it had been an older guy her would been giving me 100bucks or he was gonna be reporting it to the cops so he could get ticket. I was in a hurry and she was rather a nice lady so i didnt get to up in arms, if i do i get very up in arms and i am only a small guy....
Old 01-05-2003, 06:29 AM

A little off topic... Attached is the newest thing for SUVs that see lots of hard off-road adventure

In case you can't tell from the small picture - didn't want to waste much bandwidth - it's a 30" wheel with a 10 series tire. The product was shown at the 2002 SEMA show.

I expect a large pebble would hurt the rim, so putting it on an SUV seems very funny somehow (or very sad, not sure).

edit: to be honest i have to admit my wife drives a 2002 4runner. she claims it lets her see better than being down low, and with 2 of our 4 kids out of the house now she didn't want another minivan. I tried, but couldn't talk her into a car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30s.jpg (9.4 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by lee; 01-05-2003 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
If it had been a 16-17y/o guy he woulda ended up with a busted lip,if it had been an older guy her would been giving me 100bucks or he was gonna be reporting it to the cops so he could get ticket. I was in a hurry and she was rather a nice lady so i didnt get to up in arms, if i do i get very up in arms and i am only a small guy....
well if i hit you with my semi suv...you woulda wanted some dough....don't let the nice lady get off....you shoulda called the cops! now you are screwed if anything happened that you didn't notice at first!

i'm glad you are okay and no one was hurt. just watch out for the house on wheels...you can't see the ants from a second story window!

Kelli

i can hook you up with some neons, so you can't be missed at night
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i can hook you up with some neons, so you can't be missed at night
The cars or lights???

Glad you're ok, Leslie. Hard to believe that there is not some body damage if it moved your car that much and made a grinding noise. I'd bet money that she bought that behemoth so she'd be safe of the road. She may be safer behind the wheel of that thing but no one else is!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I know i am too nice but hey nothing happened and i still am not worried. I am alive and my car is just fine...

...Just got in from playingin the snow..with the car; then shoveled a heap too - magnesium chlorate with you margarita sir?

Kelli- i hope you were talking about the light kind and not the car...
Old 01-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Ain't it the truth?

What a deal....

If you ever find someone who gives you a good deal on a complete repaint, give me a call. Maybe we can get a better rate with TWO black cars.... Don

(and yes, I can vouch for the fact that Leslie is a nice young man, who is unlikely to get in some lady's face.

Sue her maybe, but not get in her face.... ) Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Glo-worm

I don't really see how neon BENEATH the car will help people see you in their SUVs..... (of course, some Neons may end up BENEATH these rolling condos, unfortunately...)

....however a neon sign on above the ROOF that has a flashing arrow pointing down, now THAT might be a big help! Don

Old 01-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

nah, took a close look today, no one could tell me that i had ever been hit, my NX was hit in a walmart parking lot in FL due to the other guy, nothing wrong then either. This time close to Walmart and still no damage, guess people just like to hit me near walmart...

As far as paint i dont think i will be painting this car unless it turns out being really really great after i fix it.

Sueing isn't me either... Now if I wasnt picking my mum up i woulda made sure the cops gave her a ticket but i didnt feel like waiting around for 40 minutes.

Now i was thinking more like some strobe lights on top of the car like on a bus...should be leagal if the damn suvs can have HID headlights at the right height to be right level with my rear window...