How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-31-2002, 02:15 PM
SVXcutie

Help Please!!!

Hi Everyone, I need a little help here.....

First of all...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Second is the problem.....
I was going out to run some errands today and like two minutes from my house I have a flat tire. So I call my daddy
and he comes and puts the stupid looking donut on. By the way, the flat was on the front passenger side just in case anyone cares. So he takes the flat to a mechanic friend of his who basically tells him that my wheel is bent and that I need a new one, however the tire is ok. So my question is where do I go looking for a new wheel, and also how much are they?

Thanks!!!
Mandi
Old 12-31-2002, 02:43 PM
calmone

you can look for someone parting out an svx or who has wheels for sale (many replace theirs). check the ads here in the "sale" section.

there are also shops that claim to straighten bent wheels.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:44 PM
alacrity024

Hi Mandi-

Happy new year to you, too.

I had a very similar problem about a month ago. I cracked the rim on which the tire had gone flat. At the recommendation of some people here, I checked out www.car-parts.com and looked for the proper wheel for my car (remember, these cars have directional wheels, so you've gotta make sure you get the right one or the left one, whichever is bad). It brought up about 4 pages of used wheels from all around the country. The most expensive was nearly $300 and the cheapest was $55. If you're not concerned with how it looks (a couple scratches in the paint, worn-down center cap, etc.), just get the cheapest one they list. The page should list phone numbers, so just call the place with the wheel you want, ask them if they can do any better on the price (it can never hurt) and work out shipping. I got my wheel for $55 + $15 s/h COD.. it arrived in three days.

hope this helped!

-adam
Old 12-31-2002, 02:45 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hi Mandi,

Welcome to the Network

You can get a new wheel at Faulkner in Bethlehem for list price of I think around $300. 610-865-3122

You can get 25% off at Liberty Subaru 201-261-7495 in Oradell NJ or by the mail at subaruparts.com

You can also try a salvage yard in CA that will ship UPS. I bought 2 there for $150 each. World Auto Parts on the web.

Also Michaelson 1-800-352-4892 in South River NJ.

The wheels are different for the right and left side so you have to ask for the right or left side. Check the rim on the left side and there should be an 'L" about 3/8" high cast into the rim. That way you will know if it's on the correct side of the car.

If you use Michaelsons or Liberty I could maybe get the delivery for you. My wife works in Pburg.

What kind of SVX do you have?

One more thing and that is your rim must be really bent if is making the tire leak.

Taker easy,

John