SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Never Forget

Registered SVX
It's Alive....

well after sitting for about 3 yrs, 3 SVX projects later, I find myself where I started....94 SVX L Barcelona Red.

The diff went out on me about 3 yrs ago and there she sat in the garage. I wasn't happy and fed up with the transmission issue as the year prior the transmission when out so i bought a $4k transmission from ECUtune...it lasted just under a year under normal driving. I was heading south on Kolb Road and then taking a left on Valencia and i hurd and felt a POW! CLUNK...CLUNK... thought it was an CV shaft so I got towed to my friends, jacked it up and pulled the shafts come to find both were ok. With the front in the air I started her up put her in gear...CLUNK...CLUNK....CLUNK. Aww F!@*k.

I moved her a few times to different house dreading the money wasted on the $4k trans and not looking forward to the labor involved in a transmission swap again. So I find a 92 LSi with 5spd swap in Scottsdale for a nice $2k. I call the seller and he says its perfect...too good to be true....the car didnt move and was rough in and out. So I bought it anyways thinking clutch is worn or out of adjustment and take panels of the 94. Well about a $1500 later and new (used trans) it moves but never drove right...felt like something was slipping. So I waste more money on buying another 92 LS to take the drivetrain out and place into the 94 but those cars sat for about 8 months as I had no time nor money to do the swap. Finally got to swaping and selling 2 of the 3 SVX's I had and getting my 94 back in the game.

She is rough looking (faded paint and mismatched colored front bumper) but looks and rides nice. Few things need to be fixed (windows only go up on some and down on others (master switch?)), paint, charging AC and passing emissions lol but she runs smooth and I really miss driving her. and to think, I wanted to sell her many times lol

94 SVX L AWD Conversion Barcelona Red First car and now being restored, 215xxx
Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 AM

Registered SVX
Re: It's Alive....

Wow, your luck with svx's is about as good as mine
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Never Forget

Registered SVX

Lol i figured someone on here could relate lol but even after all that mess and money I still have on! I'm happy I got her driving again... She rides better then my sister 08 altima and my mom's 09 tsx! That's an achievement for a 19 year old car... 22mpg too

94 SVX L AWD Conversion Barcelona Red First car and now being restored, 215xxx
Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 PM

Registered SVX

So what tranny is in it now.. And yes my SVX rides and feels better than the 2010 Honda Accord. And much better than the Accura TL we had.