SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Re: yikees

Don't worry about it, just don't push the engine hard. It may feel a little sluggish, but if it's knocking the knock sensors and ECU will adjust to keep things safe.

Also your mileage may be real bad for the next tank or so, but that's a good thing. As soon as you get to 1/2 tank, fill with 91+. And again as soon you get to 1/2 fill with 91+.

After that you should be fine.

If you have any long highway trips you could take, that would be great. Not much hard acceleration and just long gentle cruising miles to sip up the low oct.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Typically I alternate between regular and premium to achieve a "blend" of roughly 91 octane, but recently, for no particular reason, I filled-up with 87 octane regular several times in a row. Couldn't tell a bit of difference.

If the engine management system is working properly the consequence of running a tankful of regular will likely be slightly worsened fuel economy.

dcb
Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 AM

hey guys,

so this morning i went to go home from work and i started up my car but nothing happened, just the electronics came on. so i turned all that off and tried again, and it fired right up and drove fine all day. i started it a few times after (doing my daily routine) and i havent had a problem since. could this be early signs of something? or just because my dad put regular gas in my tank? any suggestions and i would like to check it out before im stranded somewhere
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyfinguhz View Post
hey guys,

so this morning i went to go home from work and i started up my car but nothing happened, just the electronics came on.
Nothing to do with the gas. Probably a commonplace fault in the starter system. Try a search of "starter relay."

dcb
Old 03-17-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Nothing to do with the gas. Probably a commonplace fault in the starter system. Try a search of "starter relay."

dcb
thanks im researching some troubleshooting now. i didnt hear any clicking though. it was just silent, than i tried again and it worked. so who knows how often this will happen
Old 03-18-2012, 07:44 AM

okay so no problems since yesterday like that... but when i went to go to work last night, my key wouldnt turn. i didnt want to force my key so i just tried turning it but not to where my key would break and finally it let go and it turned fully and for the rest of my day it worked fine. do you think this could be related?