Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Signing Off

Ladies and gentlemen of this board, I would like to thank you for all of your knowledge and information that I have gained over the years. Unfortunately, the 2 SVXs are decaying faster than I can maintain them. So it is with a heavy heart that I hereby resign from the board, as I am no longer an SVX owner. You all seem friendly and informative, even to a neophyte like I was. I wish all of you good luck with your cars. I know I had a lot of fun for the 17 years that I owned the grey/black '92 LSL and the concurrent 8 years that I owned the liquid red '96 LSi. Even during the last week that I owned the cars, I had people come up to me and ask me what kind of car it was, then mention how sharp or interesting it looked. Of course, there was always the inevitable question about the windows.

Again, THANX for all of your assistance, and good luck to one and all.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:22 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Signing Off

Sorry to see you leave . One mans loss is anothers treasure . Post 4 sale
Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 PM

Registered SVX

What happened, and where are the svx's going. Sorry to see a veteran svx owner leave on a sad note.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 AM

Unfortunately, I had to trade them in to a dealer on a new car (the first new car that I've ever bought). There were some serious problems that would've significantly reduced the price that I would've been able to ask for as a private seller Some of them were:

'92 -- Giving indications of needing a new transmission. (stuttering response in the steering when going around turns like coming out of the driveway, or turning from one steet to another); ABS light on the instrument panel; radio antenna/mast needed replacement; driver's window stuck in the up position (not a major issue, window sleeve lock replacement).

'96 -- 'Check engine' light on due to bad O2 sensor on the left side. Sensor was frozen into the catalytic converter and may (probably?) would've needed a new catalytic; heater/AC mix door (a.k.a 'bypass door') not closing all the way. When the heat was on (or AC in the summer), when the car was stopped, outside air would get into the cabin. Heat or AC only seemed to work while the car was in motion; stutter in the brake pedal (felt like a tone ring, although no ABS light and no LED code)

I can do small repair/replace work, but I not able to do major work that would've been needed to part the car out (not to mention the loss of time to replace them).

"Aaah memories, we will cherish them forever"-- Prymatt Conehead