Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Product and Service Reviews > Service Shop Reviews

Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM

SLOW Service from Subaruparts.com!

I sent this to them a few minutes ago regarding an antenna mast that I ordered. I was hoping the antenna would get here before I have to go on a work trip next week, but it looks like due to their poor service that won't happen. I recommend using partsquick.com or genuinesubaruparts.com if at all possible over these guys.

Quote:
Regarding order #BTS9-XXXXXX: I placed this order on 1-19-09 and it didn’t ship until 1-23-09. This seems ridiculous considering that all that was ordered was an antenna mast and it was in stock. Even more ridiculous is that the price for shipping was nearly $10 for an item that could easily fit in a padded envelope. I regularly buy parts from partsquick.com, prices are great, shipping is free, and I get things within a couple days of the order being placed. I'm extremely dissatisfied with your lack of expedience in filling orders and costly shipping prices. I hope that you can rectify the situation before you have more lost customers.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: SLOW Service from Subaruparts.com!

I placed an order from subaruparts.com nearly a MONTH ago, and still have not received it. They lied several times about the date it would be shipped, and also that it had been shipped. I have used subaruparts.com many times over the past 8 years, and never will use them again. I was able to negotiate with my local dealership to have them match subaruparts.com's pricing.

Last week I finally left a VERY scathing voicemail (since, of course, they never answer the phone) and threatened to contact my credit card company and have the charges reversed. Within 20 minutes I had a canned email with a tracking number. Says it'll be here on Monday.
2001 Audi S8

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 01-23-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I've used genuinesubaruparts.com before when I first got my car. I ordered a corner light and a fender which they both took well over a month and a half to arrive. I never used them again and just buy parts at work through Subaru.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

Mine should be here tomorrow, or Monday, and I made the order on 0101.

They did, however send me an alert {right as I was about to pull the order}, telling me about the recent flooding in the area, and the issue of waiting for one of the parts.

But the tracking numbers are moving now, and I can see it is very close this evening.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

1stsubaruparts.com took nearly a month to get me a master brake cylinder but I can't get too upset they had to order from a wharehouse. Finally got it. They failed to inform me, and it took them a few days to respond to my questions

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 01-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Getting stuff from a subaru warehouse shouldn't take a month. We get orderes in from warehouses every week unless you VOR the item which is 5% of the total then you get it within a day or 2.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

A month? I wish......

This screenshot is literally from minutes ago. Note the order date of the one that is still "Pending".

July 12, 2008, 6.5 MONTHS ago! I've sent several e-mails asking them to cancel it, because I don't really want a magic $175 pulled from my credit card all of a sudden.

*grumble...*

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

When I ordered a bunch of parts 3 months ago, I used 1stsubaruparts.com It was about $20 cheaper shipped ($215 for parts and shipping) than subaruparts.com Took them 1 day for the order to process completely and was shipped to my door in 6 days.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
Getting stuff from a subaru warehouse shouldn't take a month. We get orderes in from warehouses every week unless you VOR the item which is 5% of the total then you get it within a day or 2.
It was ridiculous. I was going to cancel the damn order because I did not want 130 bucks just taken out of my account at anytime. I was tempted to go down to the bank to place a stop payment on it but I received a response (only took 5 days both message and email)

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I've ordered from them 3 times, twice it was speedy, once it was veerrry slooooww.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM

Just an update. I received my subaruparts.com order today. Everything is there. I'm still never using them again.
2001 Audi S8
Old 01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Just an update. I received my subaruparts.com order today. Everything is there. I'm still never using them again.
For some reason... I doubt that.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1˝" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
For some reason... I doubt that.
My local dealership has been matching subaruparts.com's prices now, so it works out well. I'm not sure if they're willing to ship, but here is their contact information anyway.

A. Crivelli Subaru
768 Allegheny Blvd, Franklin, PA
(814) 437-3068
http://www.landofthegiant.com/
2001 Audi S8
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Thanks for that. If we all had different sources to get parts from, we wouldn't have problems of the "deal with it" companies that take forever to ship or jack up prices... The more places to supply, the better..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1˝" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I just thought I would update this as I had purposely not used subaruparts.com and instead chose 1stsubaruparts.com for all orders in the past due to most of the comments in here. Because of the 4th of July discount, I chose to order some parts through them.
I placed an order on 7/6 with many items showing a "yellow dot" meaning that they would need an additional 4-10 days to get them from the warehouse. I received an email yesterday, 7/13 with shipping info as well as a tracking number. So it would seem that they have maybe gotten their act together now. Or maybe, with so many orders with the discount, they thought they should really be on the ball. In any case, I am relieved that I won't be waiting weeks and weeks for my parts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: