Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 08-16-2002, 04:48 AM

Registered SVX
Eyeball with paddlesnz

I have only a short time ago returned from Auckland Int. Airport where I met Paul (paddlesnz), in transit from Wellington back to Japan, after a 10 day home coming.

We had a couple of hours to chat and this covered cars of course, as well as things in general, including those nice people on the net. In person he confirms what we already know i.e. that he is a really nice guy.

He presented me with a pair of radiator sealing strips (genuine SVX parts) which he had mentioned in a message some time ago and about which I had forgotten, so that this was a welcome surprise. In addition he gave me a small collapsing carry bag which has a Subaru emblem. Thank you again Paul.

In due course I will post details and measurements of the sealing strips in the technical forum as some may wish to make replacements cut from sheet foam. Paul has found that the originals become perished and when replaced the air flow through the radiator and transmission cooler is considerably improved.

After checking in for his flight to Japan Paul returned with a big smile on his face. Out of the blue he had been upgraded to business class. Right now I hope is receiving VIP treatment and enjoying the ride!

IT was really great meeting Paul in person, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-16-2002 at 04:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:28 AM
alanscouse

Visiting NZ in November

Trevor : Glad you got to meet up with a fellow SVXer in NZ .I can attest from the various group get togethers we have had here in the US that they are all great guys and gals .
I will be in NZ on vacation in early November and will end up the tour in Auckland . Would love to make contact with you at that time if you are available , let me know .

Regards : Alan.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Trevor,
It's always great to meet fellow SVXers. I can't wait to be able to travel abroad and meet SVXers all over the world. Of course, I'll need to hit a lotto or receive an inheritance from some unknown relative (the ones I know are not wealthy).

I ordered the TOP foam strip from subaruparts.com several months ago. It was hard for me to believe that a piece of weather stripping, approximately two feet in length and a little over an inch in width could cost $9.00 USD, plus shipping and tax. I'll go to my local home hardware store, next time, and get a lifetime supply for under $3.00 USD.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-16-2002, 10:14 AM

How about $17 for an "AWD ABS" decal for a 95 Legacy? I was thinking about using it on the tail light above the "SVX" to cover "subaru". Would that be considered "gauche"?
98 Outback 180k
98 Dodge Durango 120k Ski Bus
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by mattski
How about $17 for an "AWD ABS" decal for a 95 Legacy? I was thinking about using it on the tail light above the "SVX" to cover "subaru". Would that be considered "gauche"?
In a word . . . yes.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-04-2002, 05:08 AM
Onetrack

Me in NZ

Hey all,

Just picked up a silver SVX in Wellington.. its SO NICE TO DRIVE.. but then I'm sure you all know about that already.

Just checking out the other nz'ers on the site (canadian, been here 4 months now..)

Always wanted one of these, but back in 92 they were just too far out of my budget.

anyhoo.. hiya.. feel free to email or catch me on msn or icq..

cheers,
One
Old 09-05-2002, 10:25 PM

Registered SVX
Welcome One,

Please post some more about yourself and your car. Is the car an import from Japan or NZ registerd from new?

You will find lots of friends here. Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:24 AM
Onetrack

HI Trevor,

Well I bought the SVX at Turners Auction in Seatoun in Lower Hutt about 3 weeks ago, its been running like an absolute charm since. I'm going to take it to the subaru dealership tomorrow and have the oil changed / general tune just to make sure its alright since I didn't get any papers with it.

Its an Ex Import, with 3 previous NZ owners all here in the Wellington area, they really took care of the car tho, its in great shape.

The best part about it is the price.. I got it for 4600nz..

Its got 4 new tires, recent brake and power steering work it seems, i'll know more once its on the hoist.

Thanks for the welcome Trevor, Hiyas to all others here.

cheers,
Onetrack
Old 09-06-2002, 02:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Hi

Welcome also!

Although fairly quiet by comparison with the other forums...where some people are looking to crack 100,000 posts it is nevertheless a great place to get in contact with others from this neck of the woods.

Congratulations also on your new purchase and safe and enjoyable driving!!

Regards

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 09-06-2002, 03:35 AM

Registered SVX
Sounds like you got a very good buy there.

Does it have four wheel steering ? Trevor.

Old 09-06-2002, 03:55 AM
Onetrack

No, its a '92 version.. AWD but not AWS =]

i think AWS would be mental tho in this car..

Its just nice to drive into work each morning as I live about 20-30 minutes up SH1 from Wellington, depending on the traffic in the morning.

cheers,
One

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: