Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 PM

vans are priceless, especially when u have k&n air filter, electronic gauges, flux capacitor, lightening rod, and a lead foot. i just got my minivan running,, shes a beast!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92svx95
vans are priceless, especially when u have k&n air filter, electronic gauges, flux capacitor, lightening rod, and a lead foot. i just got my minivan running,, shes a beast!!!
I just got mine running too and it is sweet. I have K&N air filter, Accel super coil, remote start and a few other goodies.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 AM

Registered SVX
Budfreak...thanks but no thanks...didn't realise it's in imperial.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

I got the gauges in and I have the battery gauge and water temp hooked up and working. I'll get the oil pressure working in the next few days.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Its a Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
I got the gauges in and I have the battery gauge and water temp hooked up and working. I'll get the oil pressure working in the next few days.
i bought one of these also and its waiting back home for me to install it. How long did this take you approx? is there anyway you can do a short writeup or do they have detailed instructions?
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Cool. It seems the temp. gauge is a little off(Reads in the 200-210 range), But once I get use to it I'll know what's going on I guess.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Cool. It seems the temp. gauge is a little off(Reads in the 200-210 range), But once I get use to it I'll know what's going on I guess.
I may have found the cause for the gauge being off, But I'm not sure yet. It turns out the main ground was off at my starter. But I also tried switch the sending unit with a spare one I have and in the process of tightening it the ratchet slipped sideways and broke off the sensor flush with the water manifold. Today I went to extract it and ended up cracking a huge chunk out of the manifold where the gauge sensor mounts. I used some 2 part epoxy on it and I'll find out in the morning whether it worked or not. If it worked then I'm all good, If not then it should be at least reduced to a slow leak and I'll get it to my shop and just swap the motors with the nice 94 model year one I have waiting for it. Has anybody gotten temperature readings from this location on the engine(back DR. side of engine)? What temp. should I be ranging in there? My gauge has been reading between 198-209 degrees steady cruising on the highway to 220+ when idling and that is way too high for me.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Specs are:

Volts:
Range: 8.1-25.5 Volts
Warning light will lite below 11.5 Volts

Oil Pressure:
Range:17-145 psi
warning light will lite below 18 psi

Water Temperature:
Range:79-266 F
warning light will lite at 210 F degrees.
Interesting...
Those are slightly different than what's listed on Summit's web page:
volts from 0 to 16,
oil pressure from 0 to 80 psi,
and water temperature from 0 to 300 degrees F
I wonder if it's the sensors that determine the range, and the display is actually capable of wider values.

Here's the installation manual (one-page PDF). Not much to it. Looks like the specs you posted were from that.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc
Interesting...
Those are slightly different than what's listed on Summit's web page:
volts from 0 to 16,
oil pressure from 0 to 80 psi,
and water temperature from 0 to 300 degrees F
I wonder if it's the sensors that determine the range, and the display is actually capable of wider values.

Here's the installation manual (one-page PDF). Not much to it. Looks like the specs you posted were from that.

I think they changed something in production and never changed it in the catalog. I've seen the gauges maxed out and at minimum and the specs I listed are correct. The temp. gauge never drops below 77 degrees whether hooked up or not.