Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 02:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vernemusso
alternator needed

Anyone out there have an alternator sitting in their closet gathering dust ? I need one so if you do, please let me know how many miles are on it and of course the price. Thank you
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
If I were you I would look into getting yours rebuilt. It may cost less plus you will get a warranty and you know it's going to last longer than a used alternator where your guess is as good as mine for its life expectancy.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Ditto, plus it would cost about 1/2 of buying a remanned alt from the likes of Bosch or another place and will be a better reman more than likely.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:03 PM
92 Pearl/Black Fast S#!T

Send a message via AIM to SvX001
i had to get a new one..and i went to my local O'Reillys if you have one of those...they had one and it wasnt that expensive and plus if you have the old core..they wont charge you extra
Old 09-06-2006, 12:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to vernemusso
The rest of the story..................

Thanks again guys for the advice but what you don't know is that the car will be advertised for sale very soon. Hence, the reason for finding a used one. But I'll probably end up using the local NAPA here as his price seemed reasonable for a reman. It was 150 exchange. There are cheaper ones to be sure but by the time you add shipping for the core, the price is almost the same. Plus I help the local economy. Actually, I'd like to try and repair it myself since I'm retired and have all of this time on my hands. It would be a challenge.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Honestly you should have a starter alternator shop in town there and with the market there pay under $100 for yours rebuilt. I When people talk about a new alt. they are talking about a rebuilt alt. A new alt would cost about $600.

As for helping you're local economy I'm not so sure on that one as factory remaned alts tend to be done in india using indian copper. Best of luck man!