Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 AM

WTB: AC Compressor

Fellow SVXers,
I know one of you guys has a used (working) AC Compressor sitting in his garage and is willing to sell it to a fellow SVXer that lives in Miami and was left with no AC!

I have come to the conclusion that my AC compressor's clutch is getting stuck, so I need to replace it. Does any of you have a spare one and is willing to send it to me for a fair price? Remember, I am a broke student...

Thank you in advance!

-Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)
Old 07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Sorry to hear of your problem. How did you come to this conclusion?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
If you're sure that the compressor is toast. I have one that worked on my car before I swapped engines. PM me with an offer.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Sorry to hear of your problem. How did you come to this conclusion?
Well I had a leak which I fixed with a friend. Now the freon is no longer leaking, however I first suspected that the clutch was getting stuck when I noticed that the AC would come out super cold for some minutes and then start blowing warm air... which I would be able to fix by shutting off the car while moving, let it coast for a couple of seconds and then turn her on again. The AC would then start blowing cold for a few minutes again. I told a friend about this behavior and he confirmed that it is the compressor, and he also pointed out a clicking noise that takes place when the clutch gets stuck...

Dave, I rather not make offers, it's a hard question to ask, but I PMed you anyways hoping to make a deal.

Thanks, I will update this thread accordingly. If anyone else has a spare compressor, please let me know.

-Walter
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Do you get any error codes?

Mine is currently doing the same thing and I'm getting error code 14 (Evaporator sensor).

I don't want you to replace the compressor if that's not the problem. Another issue is you may still not have a proper amount of freon in the system. Could also be moisture in the system blocking the passages. Was the system vacuumed before getting filled last?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:23 PM

David, thanks for following up on my situation. Well, my friend has very nice equipment so I doubt I am low on freon, the system was completely drained and refilled, he even used an electronic sensor that would detect freon leaks and emit an acoustic sound, and we did fix two leaks before refilling.

I wasn't getting any error codes last time I checked (about 6 months ago) but I will check again when I get back home (next friday) and let you know. In the mean time I am working a deal with Dave via PM, the price seems fair so we shall see.

Thanks for the attention,

-Walter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: