How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 11:15 PM

Now what...

Well seeing as how at the moment, my SVX is in the shop getting a new water pump, and cam and crank seals, and a timing belt etc etc, I decided that at the time it wasnt a big deal. But now that I am about to get it back, I think it is time to address the NEXT issue that I am having, and see how to fix it. The main problem is, my RPM's are extremely weird, and im getting an odd braking effect on my 2-3 shift. First thing is first. When I start it in the mornings (especially when its cold), the RPMs in park are way too high, at around 1200. Eventually though (after about 5 minutes of warming up), they will settle down, but settle down too low. My RPM's while in Drive but stopped at a light are somewhere around 400. Then, if I stop somewhere (like a parking lot), and put it in park, the RPM's will dip all of the way down to about 100 for just a second, and then increase back to 400 or so. Then, if im cruising along at about 40 mph or so, my RPM's are ok, but as soon as I take my foot off of the gas pedal, they drop much too quickly. My speed stays constant, but the RPM's fall nearly immediately, down to about 800 or so. And the last thing is, I am getting a braking effect on my 2-3 upshift. I will accelerate just fine from 1-2, but then when I need to make that 2-3 shift, the RPM's will hold for just a second at a certain point, and the car will feel like I've taken my foot off of the gas pedal, and then make the shift. So from what ive found through searching and reading the forums is that I possibly have a bad TPS, and my brake band is too tight (the 2-3 braking shift). Any thoughts?
Old 11-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Sounds like 2 issues:

1. The band brake needs adjustment
2. The transmission resistor may be out of spec