Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 10-12-2005, 05:37 PM
SEA Sleeper

Stolen (recovered) SVX for sale on eBay!

Follow hyperlink below
Grand Theft Auto - Puget Sound Edition

I need to get my wrecked car on the news so I can do the same thing!

This seems a lot like the Barrett Jackson Auctin type of thing w/ the high pressure guy standing next to you telling you how "everyone will know that you're the guy who bought that car for ridiculous amounts of money".

Now you can own this stolen and abused car for hundreds ABOVE blue book!

I'm happy for the owner but I have trouble understanding why someone would want this damaged car for more than it's worth. Even the salvage title will cost them money when they register it.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Hey man, long time no see...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28776

Scroll down a bit on that thread... Looks like I beat you by 35 minutes.

What have you been up to? How's Pearlie?
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
You were also beat by 4 or 5 other threads on the same subject.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
It's not for the car, it's for the history man!

Really, it's like the son said in one of the interviews - "it's not like it's Al Capone's car or anything". In a month this whole thing will be forgotten and no one will think anything about the car more than the parts it is worth. Either people don't realize that, or more likely since this auction was covered all over the news, probably even nationally, they just get excited and start bidding like crazy to be part of it.

I really do hope it works out for the owners though. Either with a good high bid (when opportunity knocks, answer), or like he mentioned in a post, if it falls through at least it might convince the insurance company to pay up more.

On a side note, the high bidder has been robinandmanyard for a couple days. This is a popular radio talk show in Seattle. I don't listen to it so I don't know if anything's up, but I was wondering if they are bidding on this as part of a bit, maybe to help the owners out (maybe they even interviewed them on the show), and then they'll do some crazy radio stunt with the car like blow it up, let people hit it with hammers for charity, etc. Or it could be just someone local who used their name. Either way, the ebay identity is brand new, like it was created specifically to bid on this auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA Sleeper
Follow hyperlink below
Grand Theft Auto - Puget Sound Edition

I need to get my wrecked car on the news so I can do the same thing!

This seems a lot like the Barrett Jackson Auctin type of thing w/ the high pressure guy standing next to you telling you how "everyone will know that you're the guy who bought that car for ridiculous amounts of money".

Now you can own this stolen and abused car for hundreds ABOVE blue book!

I'm happy for the owner but I have trouble understanding why someone would want this damaged car for more than it's worth. Even the salvage title will cost them money when they register it.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 10-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Problem with these type e-bay auctions is will the winner actually come forward and pay the price.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 10-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I hope they don't destroy it! I'd rather it be fixed or parted out. There's too few SVX's around as it is already.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:44 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver
It's not for the car, it's for the history man!

Really, it's like the son said in one of the interviews - "it's not like it's Al Capone's car or anything". In a month this whole thing will be forgotten and no one will think anything about the car more than the parts it is worth. Either people don't realize that, or more likely since this auction was covered all over the news, probably even nationally, they just get excited and start bidding like crazy to be part of it.

I really do hope it works out for the owners though. Either with a good high bid (when opportunity knocks, answer), or like he mentioned in a post, if it falls through at least it might convince the insurance company to pay up more.

On a side note, the high bidder has been robinandmanyard for a couple days. This is a popular radio talk show in Seattle. I don't listen to it so I don't know if anything's up, but I was wondering if they are bidding on this as part of a bit, maybe to help the owners out (maybe they even interviewed them on the show), and then they'll do some crazy radio stunt with the car like blow it up, let people hit it with hammers for charity, etc. Or it could be just someone local who used their name. Either way, the ebay identity is brand new, like it was created specifically to bid on this auction.
I agree with you, and the owners seemed down to earth (I watched the news clip about the auction)... But, that robinandmanyard account looks like a troll account to me (0 feedback), so I'm not sure... Could've been a local being a jackass and messing with people's heads.

One thing's for sure... Even with all the dents, the car looked damn sexy rolling down the road in that one clip where it's just cruisin by (in Kirkland I think).
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)