Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear

Longass, if i take the ROM out of my car, how would i drive it then? push it? what i can say is that the chip works perfectly... so be confident guys (outside US) about it...
I can give you the numbers on the ROMs the white sticker F03.... and the other three ROMs beside it...
If you are talking about the correct ROM then you took it out when you installed our memory adaptor. Our adaptor installs in place of the ROM.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I didn't have a ROM there was a thin transparent thing instead, i was talking about the other ROMs (do we call them ROMs? the things on the board?) and on the ECU box on the outside is written J5 instead of M7 (as in your instructions), does it mean anything?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Just some dude.

Quote:
I didn't have a ROM there was a thin transparent thing instead, i was talking about the other ROMs (do we call them ROMs? the things on the board?) and on the ECU box on the outside is written J5 instead of M7 (as in your instructions), does it mean anything?
The other chips you are talking about are not ROMs. The #'s on them are just different part #'s. I'm actually not up on the different stickers on the outside of the ECU. Maybe someone else here is.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by longassname

The other chips you are talking about are not ROMs. The #'s on them are just different part #'s. I'm actually not up on the different stickers on the outside of the ECU. Maybe someone else here is.
so what do you want me to check for you to see? which numbers?

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Just some dude.

Quote:

so what do you want me to check for you to see? which numbers?
Nothing. You most likely do have an ECU with differenet software than the US market but since you don't have a ROM to send to us there is no way of reading that software short of pulling the processor out of your ECU. So now we all just smile and be happy that our software works well for you too.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by longassname

Nothing. You most likely do have an ECU with differenet software than the US market but since you don't have a ROM to send to us there is no way of reading that software short of pulling the processor out of your ECU. So now we all just smile and be happy that our software works well for you too.
I wish there was a ROM in the socket, i would be more than happy to send it to you...
man you are a real ECU wizard, it has eliminated all lag in the car... nice job buddy, keep up the nice tuneup (with somehow lower prices.... STAGE III.... )

Old 02-07-2005, 08:56 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:

I wish there was a ROM in the socket, i would be more than happy to send it to you...
man you are a real ECU wizard, it has eliminated all lag in the car... nice job buddy, keep up the nice tuneup (with somehow lower prices.... STAGE III.... )
Danny,
I met a realllly hot lebonese chick today, you need to tell me how to say something sharp !!! (altough i would most likely mispronounce it )
phil
Old 02-07-2005, 05:03 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: pls tell me

Quote:
Guys i wanna ask you something about myself, i have been getting feedback about my character as not respecting anyone in this forum... but i just cannot remember when i offended someone other than the timei began posting on this website... how you see me as a person? uncool? agressive? intolerable? unrespectful? etc......... pls tell me, if i offended anyone on this forum let me know, i am more than happy to apologize to all people in a thread !
Nothing like that, I just don't want you thinking I was dissin' the look of your SVX. I'm not crazy about the imprezza bumper and didn't want to offend you. I have different taste that's all.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 02-07-2005, 06:27 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Re: Re: pls tell me

Quote:
Originally posted by michael

Nothing like that, I just don't want you thinking I was dissin' the look of your SVX. I'm not crazy about the imprezza bumper and didn't want to offend you. I have different taste that's all.
K-staff bumper = ugly + expensive =

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 02-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX

Danny,
I met a realllly hot lebonese chick today, you need to tell me how to say something sharp !!! (altough i would most likely mispronounce it )
phil
Kifik ya helwe = how are you beautiful
Ente ktir jezzebe = you are very attractive
Iyounik besattlo = you got lovely eyes
ANA BHIBBIK = i love you
tell me what you want to say and i will provide you the translation

Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Re: Re: pls tell me

Quote:
Originally posted by michael

mike, it's all a matter of taste.... like the Motorsport warehouse latest grill, some loved it other didn't... concerning my car, i am working on getting sponsorship from the subaru dealer in lebanon, if i finished all the mods, they will present it at the next Lebanese Motorshow (2005).... from now till the end of the year i must have done newer wheels, newer interior, sound system, finished all outside mods.......
i was gonna let it be a surprise... but why not mentioning it?

Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: pls tell me

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

K-staff bumper = ugly + expensive =
my opinion, not ugly at all but little expensive
the K-staff bumper with a nice set of big round foglights will look nice

Old 07-24-2005, 11:40 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
hey guys, yesterday i decided to install the stage 1 chip in my SVX. I opened the ECU box as required in the instructions but found out that the white sticker on the ROM reads something like F03........ or F30..... (sorry I forgot) instead of F23AYH06 as stated by ECUtune.... is it normal? or is it just me? after an hour of scratching my head, i decided to install it.. after that drove my car, everything was normal, i didn't feel much boost at first but then the power appeared clearly. the lag was minimizing and today i felt the real thing more and more...
am i getting full power of that chip? does the number really matter on the ROM? well i am feeling some kick out of it so far, but i need to know some experts' opinions about the thing... Longassname? anyone?
found the instructions

Last edited by pnyklr; 07-24-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: