SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Accepted to grad school! Summer plans

What shifter boot is that?

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 01-11-2011, 06:39 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Not sure. Says STi on it.

I think I am going to go the carbonfiber vinyl wrap route once I get around to buying some.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM

Registered SVX

Little update:

The car feels a lot faster as a 6-speed than it did before. Just an absolute beast. I wouldn't recommend the JDM geared 6-speed to anyone who cares about highway gas mileage even a little bit. On the other hand, it has loads of passing power even in 6th. Still getting used to the handling difference, but it feels nicer now. Waiting for a rainy day to practice driving with the back wheels spinning so I don't have a repeat of the accident that totaled my white car.

Carbon fiber film is in, and I've pulled most of the wood grain bits from my white car, just haven't started wrapping it yet. Also trying to figure out a way to quiet down the shifter boot area, since the rubber that goes there isn't really attached and is kinda ripped.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 01-23-2011, 08:44 PM

Registered SVX

Part of the process:

Finished product:

Hardest part:

I haven't gotten to the doors and the back seat panels yet. Probably next weekend.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Registered SVX

It looks good.

That being said, there must be something that can be done about the A/C unit. Possibly paint it using a black with a very thin coat, so that the lights can shine through. Then wrap it. That way the spots that are cut away for the labels is not as noticeable.

You did a great job on it, though. Good work.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
It looks good.

That being said, there must be something that can be done about the A/C unit. Possibly paint it using a black with a very thin coat, so that the lights can shine through. Then wrap it. That way the spots that are cut away for the labels is not as noticeable.

You did a great job on it, though. Good work.
Thanks man. It took a loooooong time. Good material that DI-NOC stuff. Would have been easier if it were warm out and I had a heat gun instead of a hair dryer.

I'm going to try sharpie on the A/C unit. Ghetto, but it might just work. If that doesn't work, then I'll try some tint film or paint. It's really not that noticeable anyway though since the inside of the car is real dark because of the tints.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Registered SVX

That really does look good. and that matches the shift knob as well very nice.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Registered SVX

Even a sharpie looks better than the faux woodgrain

I am going to take mine apart and paint it but I want to figure out the light thing first...

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

$5 says you'll do the HVAC plate again! I am gonna take my plate off and take it and a piece of the 3m wrap to a graphics shop and have them scan the plate and cut the pattern on the wrap.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
$5 says you'll do the HVAC plate again! I am gonna take my plate off and take it and a piece of the 3m wrap to a graphics shop and have them scan the plate and cut the pattern on the wrap.
Think you could have one done for me too? I have a spare HVAC plate if you don't want to have to take yours off.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Part of the process:

Finished product:

Hardest part:

I haven't gotten to the doors and the back seat panels yet. Probably next weekend.
That is pathetic! (someone had to say it)

Keith
Old 01-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
That is pathetic! (someone had to say it)

Keith
Elaborate. Constructive criticism only bro

Last edited by icingdeath88; 01-25-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

I like it, a lot actually, but the HVAC unit could use a better solution. I am not quite sure what that would be though.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
I like it, a lot actually, but the HVAC unit could use a better solution. I am not quite sure what that would be though.
Yea me neither, still thinking about it. It bothers me, but I'm doubtful anyone else would notice.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Little update:

The car feels a lot faster as a 6-speed than it did before. Just an absolute beast. I wouldn't recommend the JDM geared 6-speed to anyone who cares about highway gas mileage even a little bit. On the other hand, it has loads of passing power even in 6th. Still getting used to the handling difference, but it feels nicer now. Waiting for a rainy day to practice driving with the back wheels spinning so I don't have a repeat of the accident that totaled my white car.

Carbon fiber film is in, and I've pulled most of the wood grain bits from my white car, just haven't started wrapping it yet. Also trying to figure out a way to quiet down the shifter boot area, since the rubber that goes there isn't really attached and is kinda ripped.
Thats the exact tranny I installed in my '02 WRX along with a 2.0L Ver8 STi motor! I dont usually commit myself to stuff like this but seriously, if you want to get a USDM geared 6MT, I'll buy the one you have now.

What you are feeling is the v7's 35/65 (IIRC) split front to rear. Its very rear biased for a Subaru gearbox.

I'll let you know about the HVAC plate. I have no problem having them cut a few provided I have the material.

Also, I need to do a write up on the wrap... I have many new ideas and suggestions for the process. 92SVX is coming down this weekend for me to do his. His will be WAY better than mine, I have no doubt.. and it will continue to improve the more I do.

Last edited by Bonestock; 01-25-2011 at 07:17 PM.