Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 02-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I plan to take this route with the big turbo I was going to use before. Then I opted for the more mediocre 4088r. But if I am going to dual charge it, the 4094 I wanted to use is the better fit. Now, I need to work on EM and reinforcing my block

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 08:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Tom, have you solved the knock sensor issue with the stage 3? To me it seems like we (mainly you and the very few others who are successfully utilizing a sc on the svx) are not reaching the full potential of the sc due to the knock sensor issue and the inability to properly tune...why not resolve the current issue and work on getting a standalone? I am in no way trying to persuade you to not continue with your current ambitions (your automotive performance knowledge far exceeds mine), I am just concerned that if you pursue this route that you will eventually have to deal with the issues currently experienced...
Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Maniac modifier

we have found that the sensors are not the issue... its more the heat and HUGE lack of tuning that the kit has. So yes a standalone would help with some water/meth injection. But I am still restricted to a 12psi ceiling which would definitely be very quick (Sicksubie is doing the meth soon). So in aspirations (no pun intended) of making the power I was expecting this kit to make will take more ingenuity. The Stage 3 thus far has held up to none of its promises and I don't blame anyone for not wanting it. So instead of scraping it, the dual charger is more ideal for road racing, which is what I am building this car for. (NOT street racing, road course racing)

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Oh ok, I wasn't sure of the outcome regarding the knock sensors...gotcha. Hopefully Boxersix will pull through with this Hydra system sooner rather than later, have you thought of inquiring with xxtuning regarding an EMS compatible with the eg33?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Maniac modifier

The autronic is a full standalone very similar to the Hydra. I have sent an email to verocious about their prices on both and their rates to install them if Boxer6 has too hard a time getting it going.

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
we have found that the sensors are not the issue... its more the heat and HUGE lack of tuning that the kit has. So yes a standalone would help with some water/meth injection. But I am still restricted to a 12psi ceiling which would definitely be very quick (Sicksubie is doing the meth soon). So in aspirations (no pun intended) of making the power I was expecting this kit to make will take more ingenuity. The Stage 3 thus far has held up to none of its promises and I don't blame anyone for not wanting it. So instead of scraping it, the dual charger is more ideal for road racing, which is what I am building this car for. (NOT street racing, road course racing)

Tom
Tom,

It does not surprise me that it has been confirmed that the knock sensors were not in fact giving a false signal as I could not accept this earlier theory.

However, it is difficult to understand that there is apparently a " HUGE lack of tuning."
Can not the short comings be pinned down to a confined area requiring adjustment? It appears to be such a great pity that you have done so much work to no avail.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Maniac modifier

There are plenty of changes to be made to the software. But I cannot make them, and their deigner was never willing to listen to a thing I had to say about it. So... thats where I stand right now

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 11:14 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
There are plenty of changes to be made to the software. But I cannot make them, and their deigner was never willing to listen to a thing I had to say about it. So... thats where I stand right now

Tom
Was the designer the supplier and did money change hands? Is the software still on the market? If so what specifications go with it and do these stand up?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 AM

Okay here is my 2 bob's worth,
I think it is a "GREAT IDEA IN FACT BRILLIANT"
In simple terms if you double the pressure you get close to doubling the amount of O2 for the same amount of rev's on the SC. I have a GM diesal generator that is 600hp and it runs turbo to Intercooler and then to a SC. The main reason they do this is the efficency of the engine is greater by having double boast then single.
Slightly off topic but we have 3 by 1,000 hp electric refrigation compressors and by using dual stage we get greater effecency per Hp input.
In simple terms any compressor on gas (O2) becomes less effecient the greater the amount of boast. The brillance of your idea is it enables you to control most of the heat but also get the benfits of the SC.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
You should do this...

92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 02-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Was the designer the supplier and did money change hands? Is the software still on the market? If so what specifications go with it and do these stand up?
Trevor, if you wish to know more please PM me.

Rebeca, I still need to make turns ya know... Don't need my car tipping over

Tom
Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Rebeca, I still need to make turns ya know... Don't need my car tipping over

Tom

Pssh, thats what AWD is for!!

Aw3s0m3 7urn1ng f0r t3h w1n!!!!

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 02-17-2008, 09:12 AM

I think you need an intercooler before you should boost anymore than you already are. I wonder if a twin air water setup could be fabed into your existing supercharger? Then you would not have to do anything more than what your are already doing.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Maniac modifier

I know I need some kind of intercooling, aside from LAN's refusal to believe it. I plan on running a front mount for the turbo and a water/meth injection after the blower. the only way to get real control of the injection is to use a standlone tuned for it... Otherwise its just a bandaid. I didn't pay out the ass to build a motor restricted to 12psi from a PD blower... I could do that on a stock motor with the right intercooling

Tom
Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I just ordered my meth set up and was on the phone with a bunch of meth companies and then I also called Whipple. You will want to inject just pre blower. I was originally concerned about meth/water getting on any exposed bearings or anything else that i could harm. This is not the case though. Read through the 5.0 forums and you will see almost everyone with PD blowers is injecting just pre blower. The meth/ water mixture is atomized instantly and therefor does not get on bearings but rather is sucked through with the air.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: