Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 09:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
Sighting in Morgantown WV

I was driving on the WVU campus today a saw a red SVX crossing Stewart St heading towards the Mountainlair on the main campus. I beeped but I don't think the driver saw me. Was it anyone from the network?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 PM
One teal and One yellow

Well, not me. I have seen at least two Red ones in town. I have seen a really nice 97LSi driven by an old lady. If you see one like 93 or 94 Red, the color is like fading, I also probably know which one. And know where she/he park that car at.
What are the alphabetical letters on your WV plate? OLK or ? I also see a teal one always driving around town University Ave/Beechurst Ave/Richwood/ etc. It's always two persons in the car. Sunroof always open. Front windows always rolled down. Lately, I have seen the guy let the lady behind the wheel of the SVX a few times. Is that you?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 07-02-2007, 10:34 PM

That's me. She would be mad if she knew you noticed I drive all the time, I tell her it just "feels" like she doesn't get to drive it that much. The old plate was OLKsomething-something-something, the new one is 4LDsomething-something-something. I'm not trying to hide my plate number or anything like that, I really don't know either plate number. The faded red one is a kid named Lucas, I don't think he's on here. He works at Monro in Westover and changed my oil once, I was planning on going there tomorrow but it will have to wait, I need to be in WashPa in the morning. The one I saw today was not as clean as the lady's but not as faded as Lucas'. Do you drive your SVXi? I saw a Teal like mine with tinted windows in Westover at a garage with a lot of wrecked exotics, 928, XJS, etc... Could that have been you? I've not seen a yellow one at all.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
One teal and One yellow

No, that's not mine. I'm always at invisible mode so you can't see me but I can see you. Just kidding! I don't really drive my SVX a lot because of the mpg and the cost-to-drive, and because I put too many miles on the road and it's not worth to drive SVXi like that. I drive mine occasionally so you have a really low chance to see mine.
Yes, I used to see one with "OKL" and now with "4LD". It can't be but the drivers seem the same. Ohhh...it was all you. I only see the 97LSi a few times on the road. I recognized that car and the lady doesn't drive fast and quite careful in my opinion. The faded red one is parked in Westover(yes) the house somewhere near AutoRanch Car Dealer. That should be the one we're talking about. Sometimes I also see some nice SVXi from (like I see a black, a pearlwhite and a claret) PA plates. That could be the students of WVU from PA. I also saw one silver always at Van Voorhis and one pearlwhite too. I know there're another two blues one in town. =) And, I also know there's one pearlwhite always at highstreet, he owned the third one and he's moved from CA and owned a little restaurant. "do they make yellow?" when I showed him mine. Not just a little bit in town huh?
Where do you live in town? If we have some days off, we could hang out sometimes. If you want, you can drop your info at my e-mail (sssvx@yahoo.com). I'm pretty familar in town.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:14 PM

I live in South Park, that's why I seem so visible, I have to go through town to get anywhere. There are a lot of SVXi in town, a lot of Subaru's in general. I always tell Chryssi (my girl), "It's a Subaru town and in it you drive a King". I'll drop you an E-mail and we can hangout and talk SVX sometime. I hope you haven't seen my car in the past week, it's filthy. I'm really ashamed but I haven't had time to wash it. I should get up early tomorrow and do it.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
One teal and One yellow

I assume you haven't sent anything to my e-mail? I just check my yahoo and don't see anything.

Today afternoon, from far away when I was making a turn to the campus drive at the beechurst ave, I saw a 92 Teal from quite a distance. The 92 Teal was behind a probably 03-05 Nissan Altima. The SVX still looks cool compare to the Nissan from the back. I was guessing 80% that's probably you. Was that you?

Yes, Subarus are very popular in Morgantown. AWD are good in town especially when it's snow because of the hilly locations. "Home of Mountaineers" you know.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM

I had another Mo-town sighting today. It was a green SVX no spoiler, right in front of the Colosseum at about 6:45pm tonight. Was it anyone one here?