How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-27-2006, 04:32 AM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
1) Switch indicator/illumination lights : Honda Clock light from 90's Accords/Civics Part numbers?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima (What model/year?), drive side fans wrx

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year) Can anyone elaborate more on this? discs or calipers? The rear brake pads are the same as the 90-99 Legacy (rear) and 92-97 Impreza (rear)

4) Rims : 05+ WRX STi 17" Rims, late model RX-7 16x8, 1993-1997 Ford Probe16x7, late model Nissan 300ZX non-turbo (rim size?), Nissan Murano 18x7, and see this thread

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too

6) Oil Filter : Porsche 944 filter (not really the same part, but porsche-worthy of mention I feel)

7) Oil Drain Plug gasket ring : Honda 20mm drain Plug ring

8) Keys/locks : Datsun? STI key blank from Subydude.com?

9) AC compressor : ??

10) Starter : Mitsi??

11) Alternator : Mitsi??

12) Injectors : The Subaru part number for the injector is 16611aa310

Pulling it up on 1stsubaruparts.com they mention it fits SVX's, Impreza's, Foresters and Legacies. (2.2, 2.5, 3.3 non turbo)

13) Oil cap : ej20, ej25

14) Cam/Crank sensors : interchangeable with other subies

If anyone can confirm the bold items or question marks, just repost and remove those marks.

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 AM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
If I'm not mistaken the 300ZX rims are 16s
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-03-2006, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
I was reading about bent control arms

And one member swapped in 'late model' cougar control arms. Said they fit beautiful and only cost $16. Second hand information.
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cho
Rear Bearings

Yea, I dont remember where I read or hear it from, but supposibly the 05 Sti Rear Wheel Bearing is the same as the Svx. Knowing this, do you guys think is its possible to get better bearings for our stock bearings?

If anyone has a SVX rear bearing just laying around, would you take it too Subaru and ask them if they have a direct replacement for it, but dont tell them its from the SVX. That way if there is a better replacement, its better for everyone.

1995 SVX L - Emerald Green
1992 Supra Turbo Red

Mods: Slotted Front and Rear Rotors, K&N Stock filter, Blue LED Interior Lights, and New Paint.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:40 PM

STi bearings

I checked Checker Auto parts and they list the same rear wheel bearings for the SVX and the 2005 STi. Both are listed as BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003. They also show a Beckly Arnold for the SVX with a lifetime warranty.
Marvin
92 - Pearly
Old 09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan
And one member swapped in 'late model' cougar control arms. Said they fit beautiful and only cost $16. Second hand information.
That was me. It was front stabilizer links, not control arms. From last generation Cougars.

BTW - Mitsubishi labeled starters and alternators, or any other parts for that matter, don't necessarily mean that any Mitsu car or truck actually uses the same parts. Mitsubishi is one of, if not the largest, manufacturer in the world. They make a lot more than just car items.

Many Japanese cars use the same blower motor, although the connector may need to be adapted.

Last edited by Beav; 09-23-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:04 AM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
Part # on the links?

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 09-24-2006, 03:43 AM
A flight-less flyer

Yea, good point Beav. I was just leaving those items in there to prod people´s thoughts!!

Man, you can buy an SVX for NOTHING in NZ at the moment - just wish I was there!!

1) Switch indicator/illumination lights : Honda Clock light from 90's Accords/Civics Part numbers?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima (What model/year?), drive side fans wrx

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year) Can anyone elaborate more on this? discs or calipers? The rear brake pads are the same as the 90-99 Legacy (rear) and 92-97 Impreza (rear)

4) Rims : 05+ WRX STi 17" Rims, late model RX-7 16x8, 1993-1997 Ford Probe16x7, late model Nissan 300ZX non-turbo (rim size?), Nissan Murano 18x7, and see this thread

5) Transmission "A" Solenoid : Nissan Pathfinder with a 4EAT tranny They burn up too

6) Oil Filter : Porsche 944 filter (not really the same part, but porsche-worthy of mention I feel)

7) Oil Drain Plug gasket ring : Honda 20mm drain Plug ring

8) Keys/locks : Datsun? STI key blank from Subydude.com?

9) AC compressor : ??

10) Injectors : The Subaru part number for the injector is 16611aa310

Pulling it up on 1stsubaruparts.com they mention it fits SVX's, Impreza's, Foresters and Legacies. (2.2, 2.5, 3.3 non turbo)

11) Oil cap : ej20, ej25

12) Cam/Crank sensors : interchangeable with other subies

If anyone can confirm the bold items or question marks OR ADD PART NUMBERS, just repost and remove those marks.

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 09-24-2006, 03:47 AM
A flight-less flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxbrick
I checked Checker Auto parts and they list the same rear wheel bearings for the SVX and the 2005 STi. Both are listed as BCA Bearings Taper Roller #516003. They also show a Beckly Arnold for the SVX with a lifetime warranty.
Marvin
92 - Pearly
If this is verified can you add it to the list please with part numbers? I can´t PM you...

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 09-24-2006, 03:49 AM
A flight-less flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
Part # on the links?
If you can add any, feel free!

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 09-24-2006, 06:13 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
No idea on the part numbers but they are for the 1999-2002 Cougar.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:45 PM

svx starter, lug nuts and wheel studs

I got my starter replaced with a legacy gt. i think he said it was a 1990. For some reason a used 92 and after wouldnt work, since my svx was a 92 but manufactured in 91. I dont remember the explanation he gave, but he had got a used 92 and it wouldnt fit properly.

Also Crappy tire damaged some of my wheel studs and lug nuts by over torquing, I called nappa and they ordered legacy studs and nuts @ 3$ CDN + taxes each for wheel studs and lug nuts (i think the nuts were 4 though.)Compared to the dealer 5$ for studs and 25$ per lug nut.

I have not done any exhaust work but was looking at a true dual exhaust and was told that magna flow universal cats would fit, but a muffler shop near my home. they also told me i dont need the pre cats or the 2 into 1 , theyd knock those off and put a magna flow universal fit. Didnt get a quote yet.

I also need transmission work within the year and was looking at the trannys available and possible the suggestion of the wheel bearings from sti. Surprisingly my last wheel bearing was replaced over 30k ago and no noises. None of the others are making noises either. Ill let you know how they go.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbach123
Also Crappy tire damaged some of my wheel studs and lug nuts by over torquing, I called nappa and they ordered legacy studs and nuts @ 3$ CDN + taxes each for wheel studs and lug nuts (i think the nuts were 4 though.)Compared to the dealer 5$ for studs and 25$ per lug nut.

I have not done any exhaust work but was looking at a true dual exhaust and was told that magna flow universal cats would fit, but a muffler shop near my home. they also told me i dont need the pre cats or the 2 into 1 , theyd knock those off and put a magna flow universal fit. Didnt get a quote yet.

I also need transmission work within the year and was looking at the trannys available and possible the suggestion of the wheel bearings from sti. Surprisingly my last wheel bearing was replaced over 30k ago and no noises. None of the others are making noises either. Ill let you know how they go.
Welcome to the site!

If you're going to order OEM Subaru parts get them from the US because Subaru of Canada charges ridiculous prices for parts.

You will want to keep the front cats as it's been shown that they actually help to produce power and prevent resonating noises.

STi rear wheel bearings are the same as ours.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:04 PM

Cool Lug Nuts

I found the "right" lug nuts for the SVX at Libertysubaru.com for like $6.87 each, but also check 1stsubaruparts.com they may be a little less there. You need the ones with the wide plate, or they cut into the rim and keep getting loose.
Two 92 Teal(much nicer color)
5 Speed pending, from 93 Legacy Turbo
4.11 Tranny/rear diff. May go for 3.90
Claret 145K
Underdrive Pulley from Newbies2005
New timing belt
new radiator
new water pump
new timing belt cover
New headlights and harness
Replaced exhaust (with stock)
Life on the road who could ask for more
Old 10-13-2006, 04:26 AM
A flight-less flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
STi rear wheel bearings are the same as ours.
Can you add this to the list? What year? Are they the same only for our rears or all round?

Matt

Just Crusin'