Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 01-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
You should be covering that gap between the stock strut and the Koni's. My set included a rubber cap to put over each strut.
I used the rubber caps. These are the three nub Koni's. I believe they are supposed to stick up a little higher. You have to cut a significant amount so as to actually reach the bolt hole with the supplied bolt.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 01-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Re: STOP COMPRESSING THE SPRING!

Quote:
Originally posted by overdalimit
LISTEN CAREFULLY SVXER95...........That spring compressor that you are trying to use is very.....very.....very dangerous. Man if I could show you how dangerous it is without killing you I would. Let me explain....I owned an auto repair shop a few years back and was in the process of changing a pair of struts. I had the spring compressor on the spring and cranking (tightening) away with the air impact and all of the sudden the damn compressor decided to let go after I had the spring just about compressed all the way. All I heard was rushing air past my head as the spring suddenly came UNCOMPRESSED and shot by me...Did I mention narrowly missing my head......Well, the spring hit the top of my shops roof with the force of a cannon! Ummmm. did I mention that It passed my head first.....??????Well, as that's not it.......I had to watch this spring falling back to the ground after bouncing off the 20 foot ceiling and just...I mean just missed the nice Burgundy colored Cadillac that I was working on. Please! DO NOT USE that TOOL! The last person that I heard had an accident with that tool died from a broken neck after the spring hit him under the chin. Take it to a shop my friend and give them the few dollars that they charge to do the job. There is a very good spring compressor for that but it's about $500.00.
Yes, I will never use one of these again. It was a bit of a scare when the thing actually let loose. Luckily, with was almost completely uncompressed at that point.

At the very least, I would use a better made one of this design. The Harbor Freight one is just plain cheap. THe welds actually broke!

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 01-03-2005, 12:37 AM
ilsegretosvx

just curious if the WRX stereo plays mp3s? I couldn't imagine swithcing to a stereo that doesnt...(I have a Kenwood mp3 headunit with Sirius) I just rip cds on my laptop and go stuff them in the car and have 10 hours off one cd
Old 01-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
no, the WRX stereo is a 6 CD changer. no mp3 ability. however, inexpensive, good looking (fits in a bit better than say, my alpine), and better quality. Plus it has a sub out.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95

I used the rubber caps. These are the three nub Koni's. I believe they are supposed to stick up a little higher. You have to cut a significant amount so as to actually reach the bolt hole with the supplied bolt.
I cut mine exactly as the pictogram instructions told me to. The nubs should get pulled down into the top of the strut caseing.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

I cut mine exactly as the pictogram instructions told me to. The nubs should get pulled down into the top of the strut caseing.
They did get pulled in. I cut just the way the pics said to...40mm if I recall correctly. I was just saying that with the nubs, you have to cut more than the knurled design. Maybe I just have the rubber boots on too far...

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 01-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I have the 3 nub design as well. We cut as little as possible. The rubber caps would stretch over the stock housing hiding all the yellow.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Word to Yo Motha

I pulled the rubber all the way over the koni's to the border of the bkoni;s and the stock housing. that is why it does not look right.

Rusty Nails make me type poorly. Sorry for the grammar probnlvemmms. Rubber boots cover gaps btw koni and housing. They are down to the konis and housing intersection. I trhink they atre down too far.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 01-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I am in the process of buying a nice DVD, VCD, MP3 player (Pioneer), I wanna also install a custom LCD screen in the dash (I will just "delete" the ash tray and the lighter), nice JBL speakers and amplifier.. that's it. any comments?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.