How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-30-2006, 09:53 PM
BlueClaretsvx

Cool Free DSL internet. Gotta love it!

i used to have verizon dsl. I hate veizon, but it pretty fast and hardly any spam. i get download speeds of 420 kb per sec pretty good.

i canceled 2 moths ago because i bought a laptop and put a belkin 54g wireless card and i steal my neigbors connection and i still download at 300-400 kb/s lol.
Hey it's legal to have wireless connection! lol

FREE DSL!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:13 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClaretsvx
i used to have verizon dsl. I hate veizon, but it pretty fast and hardly any spam. i get download speeds of 420 kb per sec pretty good.

i canceled 2 moths ago because i bought a laptop and put a belkin 54g wireless card and i steal my neigbors connection and i still download at 300-400 kb/s lol.
Hey it's legal to have wireless connection! lol

FREE DSL!

Free is good but not reliable. One day if your neigbor moves, either finds out or blocks the wireless or just if they clean the house or move the router to another spot, you FREE DSL would probably just be disappeared. Are you going to knock on their door(s)...please, please,

Honestly, I could get some free hot spots around my apt, but, not reliable in my opinions...if Internet is important to your usage.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 PM
One teal and One yellow

I don't like AOL as well. I used to be with them. I didn't like they kept my credit card number beyond my knowledge. They charged more than other ISP providers. Their customer services sucked. You had to wait so long to get even with them. They kept talking about their AOL Content is the best. Some of their customer represetatives couldn't speak properly...it's hard to talk to them.

I was with them for a couple years because I had their services free due to some redeem points on my card. It was so very hard to close your account with them. They would find whatever reasons to keep you. I'm glad I'm not with them now at least.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 PM
BlueClaretsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Free is good but not reliable. One day if your neigbor moves, either finds out or blocks the wireless or just if they clean the house or move the router to another spot, you FREE DSL would probably just be disappeared. Are you going to knock on their door(s)...please, please,

Honestly, I could get some free hot spots around my apt, but, not reliable in my opinions...if Internet is important to your usage.
Actually i get connection allover my house anywhere, i have 6 some times 8 connection to connect to pretty crazi but true, thats why i canceled my dsl.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Locker Link Solution

When I did the network in my cousin's house three of her neighbors had unsecured wireless would've had a choice, all with good signal!

AOL sucks, but I can't really complain too much. I've been with them since they were DOS based and can't seem to get rid of them. My father actually pays for the account, but I don't think either of us use it for anything more than security. It gives us firewall, antivirus, etc on 7 computers! I connect with verizon DSL myself and 420 is slow for me, according to the router I upload at about 450 and download at almost 1800.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:48 PM
BlueClaretsvx

420, i'm not sure really..

i can download a 10mb file in less then 40 sec
100mb in 5 min

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
When I did the network in my cousin's house three of her neighbors had unsecured wireless would've had a choice, all with good signal!

AOL sucks, but I can't really complain too much. I've been with them since they were DOS based and can't seem to get rid of them. My father actually pays for the account, but I don't think either of us use it for anything more than security. It gives us firewall, antivirus, etc on 7 computers! I connect with verizon DSL myself and 420 is slow for me, according to the router I upload at about 450 and download at almost 1800.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClaretsvx
Actually i get connection allover my house anywhere, i have 6 some times 8 connection to connect to pretty crazi but true, thats why i canceled my dsl.
Well, if I have 6-8 unsecure acesses around me, I would do the same thing as you and cancelled my own.

But if I'm running the internet for a business or as a server, I prefer to have my own again.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:05 AM
BlueClaretsvx

yes!!!

FREE internet DSL
Old 07-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
You do realize if you do any banking online, whoever's router you are going through can steal all of your information. They could take your password here if they wanted to. Every time you log into your paypal to complete a transaction they could take your password there too, or ebay, or anything else for that matter. You better hope your neighbor is stupid. You also realize your IP address is actually theirs, right?
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
You do realize if you do any banking online, whoever's router you are going through can steal all of your information. They could take your password here if they wanted to. Every time you log into your paypal to complete a transaction they could take your password there too, or ebay, or anything else for that matter. You better hope your neighbor is stupid. You also realize your IP address is actually theirs, right?
He's right. A couple of lines of code, and the router will email the owner every single keystroke made from your LAN IP address. He's probably already having the websites you visit emailed to him. That's just a check box on his router's webpage.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-01-2006, 11:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
you can do the same thing with any ISP and hotmail or yahoo mail or hell even a pay e~mail service and still pay less then AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay
I've been an AOL user for 10 years. I hate 'em! But, I haven't found another ISP that affords me the out-of-town access that AOL does. Finding an access number is usually a cinch wherever I go, plus, "AOL Anywhere" is accessible from anywhere via any ISP, so, if I'm on someone else's computer who has another ISP, I can always log in to my account. Their AOL communitcator software allows me to keep up with my mail, etc, without signing onto my account at work (keeping my wife and kids from using it), through our server.

Also, my daughter uses our account while she's away at school so she doesn't have to bear the expense of another ISP. Only one person can be signed onto the account at one time, but, it hasn't been an issue in all the time she's been at school.

Like I said, I hate it. Since 9.0 Optimized with "SPAM BLOCKER," I've gotten more gosh darned spam than ever.

Believe me, if I could find an ISP with as much mobility as AOL, I'd be on it like white on rice. But, until then, I'm stuck.

Randy <quickly jotting down bank card number in case it changes>
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 07-01-2006, 11:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
He's right. A couple of lines of code, and the router will email the owner every single keystroke made from your LAN IP address. He's probably already having the websites you visit emailed to him. That's just a check box on his router's webpage.
not on my network... it is a wireless router the conection goes from router to phone line with out passing though the computer... and besides if the nabors were that smart the more then likly would have just secured their network for fear of getting war driven
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
not on my network... it is a wireless router the conection goes from router to phone line with out passing though the computer... and besides if the nabors were that smart the more then likly would have just secured their network for fear of getting war driven
ha ha - no -
even if they have their wireless router just plugged straight into the cable and that's it - no computer hardwired to it- they can still track your every move.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:05 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
and besides if the nabors were that smart the more then likly would have just secured their network for fear of getting war driven
My thought exactly (minus the spelling errors)

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-02-2006, 01:07 PM

yeah i prefer teh spelling errors

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: