Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Unstoppable

I New Legacy. Subaru's answer to BMW 3 series? We'll have to see

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 01-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Personally I like every Subaru. However, I find that you always have to let the car grow on you. The appeal increases with time.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
The boxy old late 80's wagons - DL and GL's are cool. Ugly, but I like ugly.
Also - an 80's 3dr hatch has always looked cool to me - and the rx is great.
The xt and xt6 with ground effects are way cool
I love brats
The 2.5rs - not the newest ones, but the late 90's ones - most aggressive looking front end on any subaru
Legacy 2.5GT - also awesome, again, late 90's models. The new ones are getting uglier. If only they'd have dropped a turbo or 2 under the hood.

wrx hasn't gotten pretty yet, but all it really needs is a pretty rear end - that's all you'd see anyway.

STI's are also kinda ugly so far - but who cares. They're fast enough to make me not give a rats ass about how ugly they are.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:44 PM

I have a '92 SVX and a "03 WRX wagon. I love the stylings of the WRX. It does not compair to the beauty of the SVX, rather it is a great addition to the Subaru family with its bold stylings.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
The boxy old late 80's wagons - DL and GL's are cool. Ugly, but I like ugly.
Also - an 80's 3dr hatch has always looked cool to me - and the rx is great.
The xt and xt6 with ground effects are way cool
I love brats
The 2.5rs - not the newest ones, but the late 90's ones - most aggressive looking front end on any subaru
Legacy 2.5GT - also awesome, again, late 90's models. The new ones are getting uglier. If only they'd have dropped a turbo or 2 under the hood.

wrx hasn't gotten pretty yet, but all it really needs is a pretty rear end - that's all you'd see anyway.

STI's are also kinda ugly so far - but who cares. They're fast enough to make me not give a rats ass about how ugly they are.

Exactly everything he said but, I would like to add that the 3dr only looked good as an RX. The new STI's only look good as an STI for the same reson he said. I also like the 91 Turbo Legacy, it was the only year in that style with a Turbo plus I have one.

I havn't seen a new Legacy in person yet but I like the pics.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 01-14-2004, 08:23 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Beauty

Beauty is as much what you see, as what you feel. The "Beauty of All Wheel Drive" is the knowlege and understanding of the enginering that keeps you safe when you push too hard thru a turn, all four wheels grabbing for traction, because the stupid neighbor dropped tons of dirt, (now mud) under the snow on the 90 degree turn with no guardrail above the 300 foot drop to the river, the confidence that if (when) you crash, the thicker and more malleable metal will sacrifice itself, keeping you safe. When you're tired the passive rws helps to keep the car going where you point it. They are dependable, after your alligator mouth outweighs your hummingbird a$$ it starts to take you home leaving the other rednecks sideways trying to catch you ,hysterically ranting about something really important!! It was really really important!! It was, What was the question?

Oh yea, the svx looks good.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

They're fast enough to make me not give a rats ass about how ugly they are. [/B][/QUOTE]

Right on, Matt - just about how I felt about wimmen when was yer age.

Ron (All I have to do is dream).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Subarus

Hi everyone, Well, with some limitations I don't care what a car looks like. The first thing I look at is the mechqanical part of the car. If the car daesn't do or perform or hold up like you want, it doesn't make any difference what it looks like. As was pointed out earlier, Subaru has really great engineers. I also will not own a two wheel drive car and any kind of SUV or pickup. I've had Subys since 1984. I had to replace a '92 Loyale after the lady hit me. I'm very pleased with the way the 2000 GT Limited looks and quite impressed with the interior room. Almost all other regular cars are just me too cars under the hood. Just in case any one wondered, I like Subarus. A LOT. Take care, BOBB
Old 01-15-2004, 02:44 AM

I love Subarus!

And the new Legacy get's my full attention.

Beside the SVX the coolest looking Subaru Ever!

mfg hrc
Old 01-15-2004, 05:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecg
I like the Legacy GT Sedan. The old 2.5 RS's are cute, but too small for me. The new STi's would be nice with a different wing and less hood scoop. I dont like the Foresters at all. To me it looks like the design department got confused about wether they were making an SUV or a station wagon.
Itake part of that back. I think the WRX wagon is kinda cute too. (It needs the STi drivetrain, then it would rock)
Old 01-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Lwin, you wouldn't own a L.L. Bean with the 2-tone leather and twin sunroofs? I'd drive one of them, even if it was a wagon.
I like the leather but wagons are not my style and I hate the look of the new bug eyed minibeast (WRX/STi).
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Gig

Re: Beauty

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp
New Legacy. Subaru's answer to BMW 3 series? We'll have to see
Not to me. I like BMWs very much and I didn't see a thing about any of the Subarus to suggest that they're in the same class!
Quote:
Originally posted by svxfiles
Beauty is as much what you see, as what you feel. The "Beauty of All Wheel Drive" is the knowlege and understanding of the enginering that keeps you safe when you push too hard thru a turn, all four wheels grabbing for traction.
Not to me, that's why I said "strictly looks". I don't care about the engineering... if I did I wouldn't want an SVX so badly. My friend's SVX is in the garage more than any other car I've ever seen. If I cared about that stuff then I would just stay with my 1988 Toyota Corolla which has never had to be fixed ever!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
They're fast enough to make me not give a rats ass about how ugly they are.
See? I don't care about how fast they are. As long as my car will go the speed limit on the highway I'm happy, so that won't sell me on a car I don't like either.
Quote:
Oh yea, the svx looks good.
Yeah, baby!

Last edited by Gig; 01-15-2004 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Certified Porschephile

What I need then, is a 2.5T L.L. Bean Outback SEDAN! That would be nice. Or even better, a Legacy with the L.L. Bean interior and 2.5T, so I don't have all the Outback body cladding. I like the size of the Legacy over the Impreza.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
What I need then, is a 2.5T L.L. Bean Outback SEDAN! That would be nice. Or even better, a Legacy with the L.L. Bean interior and 2.5T, so I don't have all the Outback body cladding. I like the size of the Legacy over the Impreza.
sounds like you're talking about the current generation. i prefer the two-tone look of the outback over the legacy. i used to own a 2000 legacy gt limited, which i purchased over the outback sedan for one reason only. at the time, i didn't know how to drive a car with an automatic transmission.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 01-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Scott

Quote:
I agree, I like the legacy sedans.

Baja - Seems like just a novelty vehicle. Not practicle as a truck and kinda small as a 4 passenger sedan.

WRX/STI - Good for racing around , but I wouldn't buy one.

Wagon versions - I don't like wagons of any kind.

Forester- Only SUV type I would probally ever buy.

What I want is a mid or full sized truck from subaru. I'm stuck looking at dodges.