IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 05:10 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by lee

Huck - my Momma always told me that if I never asked a girl to dance it was a pretty good bet I'd do a lot of sitting on the side. I figured maybe I'd catch you in a weak moment.

Beav - Harvey - Again you guys amaze me.

I would say something nice about huck too, but his head is already probably swollen from the 5-speed compliments in another thread.
Hey Lee, I agree, it never hurts to ask

And I was wondering why none of my hats fit anymore!
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 11-24-2002, 06:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Spark the day off.@&*

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
Some winter days we have entirely to much time on our hands. Best condensor usage was to remove the bottom from an aerosol spray lube can (empty, of course), and run a wire from a condensor up through the valve and flush with the top of the finger valve. Insert one zip-lock sandwich bag half full of water and reattach the bottom of the can. Charge the condensor externally and place can on co-workers work cart...
Yes, not to mention the wire running from the plug tester to a strategically placed position in the toilet.,

Whooooooooooo, Snaps you to attention every time.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Seeing how this thread has taken a left turn in Albuquerque...

Some of the more notable shop pranks I've devised over my career:

The shop manager and I used to trade pranks. Once he jacked up my back wheels so I couldn't leave - not very original. I paid him back by running a hose from the windshield washer pump on his brand new Toyota pickup under the cab and up through the split in the driver's seat where the back and cushion come together....

Another fav is to fill a plastic bag with oxygen and acetylene, tie it off and toss it on the floor under a car a co-worker is using a torch to cut the exhaust off. Funny how high one well placed spark can make a person jump, isn't it? Of course if somene did that to me now I'd probably be leaving work in an ambulance.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:46 PM

Beav, I REALLY like the the windshield washer mod. I shall remember this just in case - assuming you don't mind a little plagiarism on my part.

Maybe my best involved getting a friend/co-workers wife to come switch cars (we worked together in a warehouse). Our group hung back at quiting time and he came back in yelling his car had been stolen - we went out, and of course pointed out the other family ride, suggesting maybe his car hadn't started or something that morning - was he losing his mind??? He went from angry to just plain confused pretty quick. There was to be a follow-on part where we took his car home at lunch and claimed someone had dropped by and picked him up in the morning, but alas his wife was too kind a soul...
Old 11-25-2002, 01:31 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Yeah, the washer relocation project was a riot. He said that he jumped in the truck the next morning and since it was parked outside the washer was one of the first items used. The wipers allowed him to start driving down the street, but he kept tugging on the wiper stalk because the washer wasn't working. Then, I suppose all of a sudden - , he felt the wet spot growing in the back of his pants. Once he pulled over to see what in hades was going on he had my name attached to the deed.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
Boone... Do you know if the lock wiring diagram you posted is the same for a 92 model? I am still trying to get my aftermarket keyless entry hooked up. ( well I will as soon as I get the car back from having the differential worked on) . the instruction sheet that I have with the color codes say that the unlock wire I need is " ORANGE TIMER BEHIND PASSENGER KICK PANEL" and the lock is " BLUE/ORANGE DRIVERS KICK PANEL OR DOOR LOCK " they have it in capitols so that is why I wrote it that way... the problem is ,, I can't find those wires,,, I am thiking they don't have it right,,, Anyway, if the diagram you have posted is the same as my 92 I might be able to figure it out..... Thanks
Vernon