Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX
WTB: OBDII exhaust parts

Update: I'm now looking for the two front pre-cat pipes from any year SVX, as they are the same.

This is kind of a long shot, but I thought I'd throw this up here for a bit before I just take it to a shop and have a custom fix done. I'm looking for the two pre-cat pipes and the 2-into-1 cat with O2 sensor bung for an OBDII SVX. They must be leak free. If the gasket is bad I can replace that, but the pipes themselves have to be leak free, as well as still have enough material left on the flanges that they will still seal.

I did the aftermarket Magnaflow fix a couple years ago and it's starting to leak again, not to mention the check engine light that i have to deal with because it moved the O2 sensor to the front of the cat.

Let me know what you've got.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6

Last edited by Coan; 06-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: WTB: OBDII exhaust parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coan View Post
This is kind of a long shot, but I thought I'd throw this up here for a bit before I just take it to a shop and have a custom fix done. I'm looking for the two pre-cat pipes and the 2-into-1 cat with O2 sensor bung for an OBDII SVX. They must be leak free. If the gasket is bad I can replace that, but the pipes themselves have to be leak free, as well as still have enough material left on the flanges that they will still seal.

I did the aftermarket Magnaflow fix a couple years ago and it's starting to leak again, not to mention the check engine light that i have to deal with because it moved the O2 sensor to the front of the cat.

Let me know what you've got.
Have a bung welded in behind the cat and you won't have a problem.
Other than that, depending on what parts you used, the 97 OEM cat and midpipe use a flange and flange gasket and not the donut gasket that the 92-96 models use. Based on your post, I'm guessing that connection was "hacked" in order to utilize the magnaflow.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Have a bung welded in behind the cat and you won't have a problem.
Other than that, depending on what parts you used, the 97 OEM cat and midpipe use a flange and flange gasket and not the donut gasket that the 92-96 models use. Based on your post, I'm guessing that connection was "hacked" in order to utilize the magnaflow.
Yeah I found out about the 97 parts being unique the hard way lol. I tried and tried but there was no way those donuts (or any others) weren't meant for that connection. Unfortunately the flanges had rotted away to almost nothing so I couldn't get a seal even with a new flat gasket, and then I realized that the pre-cat pipes were rotted through under the heat shields anyway. So yes, that connection was hacked since I couldn't find any replacements.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but this is my last attempt at finding some used replacement parts. If I can't, I'll find a shop to do exactly what you said and weld it all together.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Good luck. After thinking about it, you can actually use the front section from an OBD1 or any SVX. You would just need an OBDII cat converter. The front flange is the same across all years. So that may be of some help at least in your search.

And I didn't mean "hacked" as a negative term at all. I'm used to the nastry rust so piecing together things is common.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Good luck. After thinking about it, you can actually use the front section from an OBD1 or any SVX. You would just need an OBDII cat converter. The front flange is the same across all years. So that may be of some help at least in your search.

And I didn't mean "hacked" as a negative term at all. I'm used to the nastry rust so piecing together things is common.
Thanks for the info about the front flanges, that definitely helps! I wish I could reuse my cat but I think the flanges are just too corroded.

With that said, I'm now looking for the two front pre-cat pipes from any year SVX, as well as an OBD II cat.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:21 AM

I have cat off 97, with 62k only on it; partstogo@gmail.com Dan sr.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Still looking for the two pre-cat pipes before I pickup a cat. Anyone?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: